FS Steffen 5/6wt. 8'0" 4pc.

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by sagebass, Aug 26, 2013.

1. If this one sells, I will be immediately replacing it. I love this taper/configuration. It is probably the most versatile rod I have handled to date. The only reason I am listing it for sale is to fund the completion of a couple pending projects. But here it goes:
    I am listing for sale my Steffen 5/6wt. 8'0" 4pc. rod that I built. The rod has an awesome walnut burl down locking seat with bronze hardware, courtesy of Joel Lemke. The guides are snake brand (universal) and the stripping guide is a black pearl REC Recoil guide. The grip is turned using flor grade cork.
    The rod comes with an REC rod bag, but no rod tube. It has been fished a few times, but it is in excellent condition. I will ship in a PVC tube. I am asking $400 shipped to the lower 48 states. Please contact me to discuss international shipping costs. Paypal preferred. Email me at coltrane45@hotmail.com if interested or with any questions.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks,
    Colt

2. Great rod at a nice price. I love admiring your work. What thread did you use on that?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G

3. Gary,

Thanks for the kind words. I believe it was a 50wt. YLI silk thread. I think the color code was #814.

4. glass rod ?

5. yes, Steffen S glass

6. I have a nearly identical 8' 5/6 Steffen, and consider it my very favorite rod of all time (and I've had many many rods cycle through my arsenal since the 1970's). If I could own just one rod, that would be it. It's that good. And Colt's a very good rod builder.

7. Thanks lugan. I agree and this is also the rod I would grab if I only had one rod.

8. SOLD.