Stickman Rods

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Beachmen, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Beachmen

Beachmen Active Member

i found these guys on facebook and looked them up. thought they are expensive i was wondering if any one on here has casted them or may own one. i would love to cast one to see how they handle. also here is the link to their website
    http://www.stickmanrods.com/index.php/en/home

2. FlyNewbie

FlyNewbie Hooked...

They got the name right, looks like they are "sticking it to the man" who buys them...

3. Beachmen

Beachmen Active Member

i don't know but i really want to cast one

FlyNewbie likes this.
  4. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

What's the rate of exchange between Euro's and Dollars. I went to the web site and the cheapest was 600 plus Euros. They probably make them in Europe someplace.

5. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Never heard of them before, but considering how many rod mfg's/builders there are worldwide, that's of little surprise. Made in Hungary... getting any service could be challenging.

Beachmen likes this.
  6. Porter

Porter Active Member

Love the ' Devil in the detail" part......because if you dont pay attention to the details and address them ...the devil creeps in ....and usually when you least expect it....all from your own doing of course!

Beachmen likes this.
  7. Rob Allen

Rob Allen Active Member

with china and Korea pumping out OEM blanks anyone can start a rod company... good? bad? you decide

8. Beachmen

Beachmen Active Member

the salt water 8wt rods come out to about $900US

9. Steve Saville

Steve Saville Active Member

Tired of breaking the low end Sage rods, are you? If you're going to spend that much on a rod, go back to Sage and buy a Motive or a Salt. At least you can get it repaired and won't have to pay any import duty to boot. Rolled in Spain and built in Hungary? I'd be afraid to drop a grand on something built that far away. It could take months to get a repair.

10. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Not to worry about spending big bucks on a rod of any make anymore. I have what I need and don't seem to use any anymore. My get up and go seems to have got up and gone.

11. Neal Hoffberg

Neal Hoffberg New Member

I first saw these touted on The Limp Cobra. Personally, I fail to see how they could be any better than my Scott 884M or any EXPENSIVE rod built by The great Tom Morgan. I agree with repair/replacement difficulties mentioned above. Most importantly, I have never had a trout refuse my fly because of the 'stick' in my hand.80% presentation...