Stilly tribe poaching fish.

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Fishlikeyoumeanit, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fishlikeyoumeanit

Fishlikeyoumeanit New Member

deleted the selected quote (Ed Call)

The funny thing is that I've read a lot of different forums but never signed up. This is my first post of any kind. Just needed to rant after what I saw. Even more, this is my first year fly fishing. It never appealed to me mostly because of some of the pretentious pricks that seem to be drawn to it.(there are fewer than I thought) I just wanna fish. So sue me!

PT likes this.
  2. Daryle Holmstrom

Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

Media:
    But why would anybody eat them they taste like crap, I forgot there are groups here that eat said fish, yum, send me the recipe for muddy river fish and I'll make a fortune on the market, LOL

3. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

deleted the selected quote (Ed Call)

Thanks for the warning, I don't think that calling people Douche bags is helping the debate or improveing on how people are percieving you on this forum. you may want to quickly scan the forum rules before you post again.

4. Skeena88

Skeena88 Member

deleted selected quote (Ed Call)

What a classy statement Troutpounder. Don't suppose it ever crossed your mind that maybe friends and/or family of carver John Williams might also read this forum? I'm looking at one of my Williams carving right now. Your statement was entirely unnecessary, irrelevant and offensive. Get lost pal.

5. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Keep on the topic, or I'll show you my douchebag.

6. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

Ed,
    I would find that interesting viewing, BAN ALL GILLNETTING (back on topic)

7. Ed Call

Media:
    Any solution based suggestions to discuss? Options to consider with the comanagers?

8. aplTyler

aplTyler Inept Steelheader

Just close the thread. I've read enough ridiculous banter in the previous Stilly thread. Funny for a while, but it becomes like an argument between teenage siblings pretty quickly.

I could make 20 posts a month living here in SW Washington about poachers on the river(s) snagging fish, but I made one on my blog. I did it to remind people to report the issue, and keep it at that.

Report issues to the proper authorities, and word your posts about them in an intelligent manner...

A key piece of advice for new members (as bestowed upon me upon joining a year ago):
    Much like any other topic on the forums, use the search function to see if there are any other (recent) threads on a subject before starting a whole new shit show. Some people on here will pile on you for not searching out the older threads (sometimes justified, sometimes petty).

Again, it is important to consider how you word your posts. If you're new to the forums and you start out with inflammatory posts, what reaction do think will happen?

Finally...

No one here likes gill nets. No one on the WFF forums likes poachers/snaggers/assholes on the river. We all are here because we're passionate about fly fishing and our resource and we should all act when we see illegal/questionable activities by reporting them to the proper authorities. And should you decide to post on it, don't turn it into a Keith Olberman vs. Sean Hannity shit fest.

Show respect; On the river, and here on the forums. Or else get off of 'em.

9. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    Albums:

The cat comes on here with his first post complaining about nets strung clear across the river. Ok, I will take his word that the nets were across the river but I have done a bit of gill netting in my time and stretching a net clear across a river isn’t easy nor can it be the most effective way to fish a net. Then he goes on to say he threatened two individuals he doesn’t even know that he is going to cut their net up with his knife. Ok, ballsy move, if it went down that way. Sorry but this is vigilante bullshit that can get people killed or an extended stay in the hospital.
    If what he states is true, good for him but it is easy to come on the internet and be a badass. In reality what really went down is quite different. I think some of the guy’s story is bullshit. I haven’t heard him say anything that convinces me otherwise.

Nice move with the name calling. Pretty easy and childish to sit behind a keyboard and call people names.

10. Steffan Brown

Steffan Brown ...

Media:
    Not that, so much... More like this, "i thinks it's time for some more small pox blankets." That's the coldest sh't I've read on this forum...and shows you have no integrity or credibility in any of your claims. Which is why no one wants to listen to what you have to say. It's sad really. If you could only get out of your own way, you might have something worth listening to.

triploidjunkie, aplTyler and dflett68 like this.
  11. Craig Pablo

Craig Pablo Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    I'm surprised that he's still allowed to post on here after the smallpox blanket remark.....

Steffan Brown likes this.
  12. gearhead

gearhead Active Member

well....at least the First nations, Native American Indian People of Color, aren't using beeds. i mean....., it could be worse.

dflett68 likes this.
  13. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Media:
    He ought to know; he practices what he preaches (and rails against)...right FB?

TROUTsniffer likes this.
  14. Ed Call

Media:
    Someone made a nice suggestion...before posting anything else,why. It read the forum rules again (or for the first time) and conduct yourself appropriately.

15. Fishlikeyoumeanit

Why don't YOU tell ME how it went down. Which part is "bullshit" as you put it. I'd love to hear it! Or, are you just going to childishly sit behind your keyboard and call people names? Easy for you to come on the internet and be a badass! Hypocrite.

16. TROUTsniffer

TROUTsniffer Member

i would like to extend an invite to some select WFF members for a Stilly fishing trip in the near future.....no computers allowed

17. Fishlikeyoumeanit

Is that directed at me? Not sure where I was conducting myself inappropriately. I will take the search suggestion to heart, but honestly, is every new post something brand new? I didn't post to Troutsniffer's because mine was a diff situation. Just pointed out what I saw and some people didn't want to hear it.

18. Ed Call

Media:
    Take the advice at face value, review your posts and see if it applies to you. Friendly advice offered. Check your inbox.

19. YAMMY

YAMMY Member

Assholes have a legitimate purpose in life so please don't use the term loosely.

Fishlikeyoumeanit likes this.
  20. Fishlikeyoumeanit

I did get a call back from tribal fisheries and was happy with it. He said that he had an idea of who may have been fishing that stretch, and would notify enforcement. Done.

bennysbuddy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.