Stilly tribe poaching fish.

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Fishlikeyoumeanit, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    Albums:
    First off I didn't call you anything. I called bullshit on your claims of telling two guys you never met before that you were going to cut up their net. Like I said, pretty ballsy if that is what went down. I see a lot of cats come on here claiming tough guy shit that didn't happen. You have to admit saying anything on the net is pretty damn easy. I still say doing crap like that can get people hurt or worse. I wouldn't suggest to you or anyone to confront people on the river like you say you did. To easy for things to go wrong. Good on you if that is what you did.

bennysbuddy likes this.
  2. Augerinl

Augerinl New Member

Fishlikeyoumeanit for president!

TROUTsniffer and troutpounder like this.
  3. troutpounder

troutpounder Active Member

once upon a time WFF member (insert whiney WFF member here) woke up from his hipster micro-loft condo, still tired from being up all night posting on his blog. He crawls out of his bed and instantly tends to his rooftop garden, followed by grabbing the eggs from his backyard chicken tractor. He then goes back inside and cooks himself an organic, gluten free meal before heading out. He puts on his man capris, slips on his toms, dons his fedora and single strap, messenger style backpack, and heads out the door. Then he hops on his single speed bike, because it is the green thing to do, and heads to his favorite, non-corporate, back-alley coffee shop. Over his organic, free-trade, double tall, non-fat, soy, vanilla latte at 120 degrees w/room, he pulls out his i-pad and does a quick search on WFF for anything remotely politically incorrect, rascist, and, if all else fails, grammatically incorrect, and proceeds to give everyone his 2cents. While smirking to himself about his funny little posts, he also comes across a newer member asking for advice on when or where to fish. Then, with a huge grin, he gives the same dickhead answer most elder members of the forum give, which is, "pull out a map and figure it out yourself." Feeling satisfied with his morning of useless and unhelpful posts, he rides home and grabs his fly fishing gear. He has so much trouble choosing which of his simms waders he will wear, and weather to use his one of many sage one's, his scott, his orvis, his loomis, or whatever other high dollar rod he has that barely gets used, but finally decides on what makes him look coolest and leaves. Once again he's frustrated because even with all the high dollar fishing gear he owns and whitty, "Educated" posts he makes, he still isn't catching shit. After an hour of ugly, flailing, tangled D-loops, he hops on his single speed once again and meets (add another whiney, PC, WFF member here) at the bar. They both, of course, order PBR tally's and drink them from paper bags and share stories about how they haven't caught shit even with the $1000's they've spent and hours they've invested and come up with all sorts of great stories to tell everyone online. Their ideas range from not eating fish, not enjoying the crowds of salmon fishing, not wanting to pressure steelhead, and so on and so forth... After a few more fishing trips with the same results, they decided to dedicate themselves to hitting ctrl+F on the WFF forum until they find another thread where they can bestow there elitist attitudes, and, "educated" opinions on everyone else.

4. TROUTsniffer

TROUTsniffer Member

hahahaha exactly what i see in my head when i think of some of these guys :)

Fishlikeyoumeanit likes this.
  5. Fishlikeyoumeanit

Fishlikeyoumeanit New Member

I think there are more than a few shoes being fit-checked right now!

6. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

I thought this was an adult forum about useful fly fishing topics , not a spell check pissing contest

7. Fishlikeyoumeanit

Fishlikeyoumeanit New Member

??? Ever hear of the saying "If the shoe fits"?

8. Augerinl

Augerinl New Member

I should of broke out the popcorn a while ago.

9. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

I'm just killing time,& improve my grammar while I read fishing stories

10. Flyborg

Flyborg Active Member

Media:
    You still seem kind of mad.

For what it's worth, none of these guys you're talking to come even remotely close to this. And, if we take pride in bettering our grammar, it's because we're proud American's--most of us believe if you're going to live here, you should learn the fucking language. That's not elitist. It's called patriotism. Learn to take some pride in your country. Being stupid, no matter how cool you want it to be, isn't. Coming at people with almost infantile logic and ad hominem arguments to bring your point across just makes you look like a a nubtard with an internet tough guy attitude. You got a few new guys to join up and jerk your clit a little bit. Good for you. Maybe you can start a club and get some patches. Come visit me on the Kalama and we'll see if you can manage a discussion like an adult. My guess is you'll cool off a little and look less like a kid throwing a tantrum.

11. troutpounder

your would not want that friend..... would not end well

12. Flyborg

Flyborg Active Member

Media:
    Now I know you're trolling. You can't honestly be that dumb.

But just in case you're for real, I'm the guy on the right. Come at me bro?

internet-gangsters.jpg

aplTyler likes this.
  13. dflett68

dflett68 Active Member

Media:
    i got my car for $400, and my favored rod right now cost me $10 at a garage sale, some glue, and some thread i stole from my wife's sewing box. i don't own a vest or a pair of wading shoes. my waders are the cheapest pair that cabela's carries. i have hooked up with a couple of guys from this forum to fish, and felt a little intimidated by the possibility that they were going to be like the ridiculous strawman you just constructed. but i decided to risk it and be myself. turned out they were regular guys. experts in matters related to fly-fishing and the politics and environmental concerns around it, because it's their passion, but not snobs by any stretch. i'm sure there are some folks on here who match up with some of the basics of your sketch, but the broader the strokes you paint with, the less realism you can hope for in the finished work. this was funny to read, i will give you that. and i do get the feeling it made you feel better, so that's nice for you.

triploidjunkie likes this.
  14. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Media:
    Home Page:
    I think the only reason the collective of WFF isn't calling for the outright banning of these fellows is because the amount of unintentional humor they bring us at their own expense. I hope this thread never dies.

triploidjunkie and Randall Clark like this.
  15. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    I hope it does die. There is too much hate here for anybody to really put up with.

Jason Rolfe and Steffan Brown like this.
  16. troutpounder

go ahead and ban me, i will be back within five min!

17. Richard Olmstead

Richard Olmstead BigDog

Media:
    You underestimate the tech savvy of those who administer this site.

18. Flyborg

Flyborg Active Member

Media:
    Yes but HE'S BEHIND SEVEN PROXIES!!

7proxnew.jpg

aplTyler and Gary Knowels like this.
  19. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    You have exceeded my tolerance limit

20. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member