Stilly

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jeremy Cram, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Jeremy Cram

Jeremy Cram Member

Fished the lower stilly, around I-5, today. No luck. Saw a few jumpers. My friend and I were hoping for some SRCs, but the visibility was pretty poor.

Jeremy

2. hedburner

hedburner Member

I fished down lower on the Stilly sunday off the Norman Road, turned a couple of small cutts around 10 inches or so and had a half dozen or so short strikers, water level was pretty low. Did see a bunch of humpies in the tailout of the Floe hole chasing each other around. But all in all the catching was kinda slow. Got a bunch of stuff to do at home here so I don't think I'll make it back down there till the weekend (unless I call in sick to work tomorrow...hmmm...they'll still pay me, I have lots of sick leave left...fish or work?) The fish are there maybe early in the morning or late in the evening might be better.

3. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I might be old---but I'm good.

The lower river is probaly dirty as I was on the South Fork yesterday and as usual my luck was bad. It was dirty below Gold Basin and low and clear above it. I went up to try my luck on the upper Sauk,but I didn't see a fish. Lost three flies to the tree gods so I left. River low and clear

Just thought I would add this. Jim