Stilly

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jeremy Cram, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Fished the lower stilly, around I-5, today. No luck. Saw a few jumpers. My friend and I were hoping for some SRCs, but the visibility was pretty poor.

Jeremy

2. I fished down lower on the Stilly sunday off the Norman Road, turned a couple of small cutts around 10 inches or so and had a half dozen or so short strikers, water level was pretty low. Did see a bunch of humpies in the tailout of the Floe hole chasing each other around. But all in all the catching was kinda slow. Got a bunch of stuff to do at home here so I don't think I'll make it back down there till the weekend (unless I call in sick to work tomorrow...hmmm...they'll still pay me, I have lots of sick leave left...fish or work?) The fish are there maybe early in the morning or late in the evening might be better.

3. I might be old---but I'm good.

The lower river is probaly dirty as I was on the South Fork yesterday and as usual my luck was bad. It was dirty below Gold Basin and low and clear above it. I went up to try my luck on the upper Sauk,but I didn't see a fish. Lost three flies to the tree gods so I left. River low and clear

Just thought I would add this. Jim