Stolen Rod...in the mail

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Michael Morris, Aug 7, 2013.

1. snarlac

snarlac Member

To answer OP's question (original post):

No. This hasn't happened to me, and I've bought plenty of rods by mail (though not Canada yet) - some left on my doorstep where they sat all day (or more) unstolen; but most with signature confirmation delivery to a work address in a locked mail room. I do not suspect a scam for your experience (there is a scam - used on EBAY - where the package is sent empty to any old business address in the same zip code, so as to obtain confirmation delivery; EBAY's buyer protection program does NOT cover non-receipt or "not as described" claims if there is DC, but you got nothing to prove otherwise).

But you got an empty package, rather than nothing at all, so this doesn't sound like a scam - at least not a smart one. Could it have been opened/inspected at the border and misplaced there? Was the package open, or open and resealed, on receipt?

2. Michael Morris

Michael Morris Member

I guess you're right but as I said earlier I give people the benefit of the doubt. That is definitely crazy regarding the other member screwing people over. I've never understood the need to rip people off, especially in the manner to which he did it. Funny enough it was my first transaction on here, but I am sure it will work out in the end one way or another. I have done plenty through craigslist, ebay and other forums for stuff and never have had an issue, so I will continue to purchase items that way. As of now, I am just waiting while they see if it was mistakenly taken out and not put back in, if it fell out or if for some other reason it was lost and found in the mail. If not, I believe I should be able to collect the insurance in full. I have also filed a claim through paypal just incase, and will wait to resolved that until I get a confirmation from USPS. With that being said anyone selling a 8'6" 5wt or a 9" 5wt Sage Z axis ? Thanks for the feed back and the offer.