Stripper clip

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by Brian Thomas, May 29, 2013.

1. Brian Thomas Active Member

Kamloops B.C
    Ratings: +120 / 0
    No , no , not THAT kind of stripper ...
    BASS_TURDS likes this.
  2. Luke77 I hope she likes whitefish

Yakima, WA
    Ratings: +311 / 0
    Yea, saw this on MoldyChum....pretty good idea in my opinion.
  3. Rob Ast Active Member

West Pugetopolis WA
    Ratings: +233 / 3
    now where do we get one?
  4. underachiever !

suburban hell
    Ratings: +440 / 0
    Hmm, if it's priced right I'd like to give it a go out on the jetty also.
  5. Brian Thomas Active Member

Kamloops B.C
    Ratings: +120 / 0
  6. Gray Ghost Member

Flowing Waters
    Ratings: +20 / 0
    Not new at all, I purchased the exact same Stripper Clip from Orvis many years ago. I still have it and it does as advertised very well. It is nice to see the Stripper Clip available again. Orvis stopped carrying them a long time ago.

GG
  7. Sean Beauchamp Hot and Heavy at yer 6

Shoreline, WA, U.S.
    Ratings: +467 / 1
    As if Two handed fishermen don't look goofy enough. LLOL (literally laughing out loud). I'm sure it works but I'm not adorning myself with anymore accessories, it will upset my chi and steelhead gods will shun me.
    Blake Harmon likes this.
  8. James Mello Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"

Tacoma
    Ratings: +88 / 0

Seems cool, but I spend more time in water up to my tits than not, so I don't know if it'll work... Maybe a floating version??? :)
  9. Rob Ast Active Member

West Pugetopolis WA
    Ratings: +233 / 3
    Heck, may replace the stripping basket for saltwater use - no tangles in the running line and no basket to fill with water and block your view of your feet.
  10. underachiever !

suburban hell
    Ratings: +440 / 0
    That's what I was thinking. I'm generally happy with the way my makeshift $5 stripping basket works, but I do get the occasional tangle. Most importantly, I'm constantly shifting the basket to by backside so I can see as I walk the jetty, if I'm gonna kill myself out there I'd like the excitement of knowing it's coming.

For spey casting, I feel comfortable managing the line in my hand since the stripping is mostly just to get the line in for the next cast instead of fishing the stripped fly.
  11. wlai Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +29 / 0
    It says Made in USA from a 20 years old business, does anyone know of a source or the maker?