Stripping basket

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Clay Carney, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Philster New Member

Ratings: +3 / 0
    Nope! I also pile lots of pillows against the wall behind me and sit on the bed to play way too much "Gears of War":rofl:
  2. Matt Burke Active Member

Kenmore
    Ratings: +56 / 0
    I couldn't remember where I'd bought mine until I saw your link Graham. I still made a bottom with longer cones out of fiberglass. It's as close as I'm going to get for what I need.
    [IMG]
  3. Chris Puma hates waking up early

stumptown
    the orvis stripping basket slays the ll bean. it's much lighter and fits better on the body. just don't get the mesh stripping baskets. it defeats the purpose of even having a basket. i don't think people who fly fish can look anymore ridiculous than strapping a tub to them. i feel like such a toolbag walking past people on a beach with my waders and stripping basket. oh well...
  4. Graham Young Member

Bainbridge Island, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Chris - add a few tens of feet of line draped around the body after a screwed up cast and yep, picture perfect! Still, I was happy to to provide some amusement for the two couples sipping wine on the beach as the sun went down last night....there are times when I know from the very first cast that I am going to have a couple of hours of screwing up in every way imaginable.

Matt - looks like a nice design, thanks for posting.

Graham
  5. Surf_Candy Member

Bainbridge Island, WA.
    another source for great cones if you still want to make your own is the plastic male plug end that come out of the rolls of large format inkjet paper - hit your local reporgraophics or Kinkos and see if they have them laying around.

this guy uses cut pvc http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk4/showthread.php?t=12952

surf
  6. Willie Bodger Still, nothing clever to say...

Lynnwood, WA
    Actually, I was talking about the plastic thing with all of the little fingers sticking up from it...:eek:
  7. Matt Burke Active Member

Kenmore
    Ratings: +56 / 0
    Man, that sounds like something you could get from an online sex shoppe.
    (Finally, after five years, I break the 2000 posts mark. BFD.)
  8. Willie Bodger Still, nothing clever to say...

Lynnwood, WA
    Exactly my thought and then to top it off, the picture he posts of it appears to be taken with it on his bed wearing his watch...:rofl: (I guess at least he didn't have it wearing one of his t-shirts...)
  9. Philster New Member

Now if I could just find my keys we could drive out of here...
  10. funfisher Fish On!

Suquamish, WA
    Ratings: +24 / 1
  11. greenbucket Royalty of Renton

Renton, WA
    I made my stripping basket using those orange cones that attach to the end of a flashlight (about 73 cents at McClendon's Hardware) cut down to about 3-4 inches and epoxied to the bottom of a shopping basket (picture to follow). Total cost: under 10 bucks.
  12. ceviche Active Member

Shoreline, Washington, U.S.A.
    Ratings: +42 / 0
    Matt,

Those cones on the bottom of your stripping basket look like industrial-size sewing thread spindles. I thank you for the picture, because I realize I probably have a connection for those.

Cheers!
    --Dave