Stuff for sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Nick Clayton, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Nick Clayton Active Member

Ratings: +1,116 / 4
    Unloading more gear. Some of it new stuff, some I've posted before. Paypal gift is great. Shipping on buyer. Send email/cell phone number for pics. All prices OBO.

Sage XP 691-4. Shouldn't have to say much about this rod. If you want a 6 wt to fish beaches, throw large streamers, fight wind, summer steel etc..... This is it. Absolute cannon of a rod. Comes with sock/tube. Very good used condition. Hate to let it go, but just need to fund other things that will be used more. Warranty card was sent in by previous owner, but he did give me the other half of the card with the serial number and everything on it, if that matters. 300

Sage VT2 8'6" 4 wt 4 piece. Lined factory tube included. Cork is soiled from use. Blank in good shape, couple small scuffs. Great med-fast action. Has been a go to 4 wt for several years, but recent additions in this category render this one a dust collector. 150

Lamson Radius 1.5 Black. No line/backing. No case/paperwork. Just the reel. Bought this on the auction site but never used it. Nice little reel for a 3 or 4 wt. 65

Rio DC Streamertip 15' Type III Sink Tip WF5 Brand new in box. Never opened. 30

Airflo 40+ WF5-F Bought this line for a 5 wt beach stick I sold last recently. Fished maybe a half dozen times. No box, just spooled onto an extra plastic spool. 35
  2. Cobragun New Member

Indianapolis,IN
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Nick,
    I will take the following items.
    Scientific Anglers Sharkskin Streamer Express 200 grain for 6/7 rods. Brand new in box- Never opened. 35

Allen Fly Fishing Chest pack/backpack
    Please let me know how you want PP payment addressed.
    Thanks.

Ron
  3. Nick Clayton Active Member

Ron pm sent.
  4. Nick Clayton Active Member

5. Nick Clayton Active Member

Updated prices
  6. Nick Clayton Active Member

Someone must be looking for a great all around beach stick. Hard to beat the 691!
  7. bfic Member

Marysville, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    On the St Croix I know it says 5wt but does it cast well with that line or better with a 6 wt? I'm looking for the Chiro rod and I'm not sold on all the high stick nymph rods with stiff tip and softer middle.
  8. Nick Clayton Active Member

I much preferred it with a 5 weight. Recently I fished it with a 6 weight indicator line and didn't like it one bit. This is not a super fast cannon of a rod by any means.

Edit: fishing long leaders, indicators, and dual chironomids is exactly what I have used this for.
  9. Nick Clayton Active Member

Gonna give it another day then it's off to the auction site.
  10. bfic Member

Marysville, WA
    Can you PM me a couple of pictures of the Legend Ultra 10' 5 wt? Is it a 4 piece?

11. David Loy Senior Moment

Wolf Bay
    Ratings: +318 / 1
    The old saying "If I could have only one rod", the 691 would be a serious contender. Little in the NW you can't do with this stick, as it covers a lot of bases well. A great "go everywhere" truck rod. I have a 697 and am still thinking.....
    I don't know Nick but I know the rod.
  12. Nick Clayton Active Member

13. Nick Clayton Active Member

Thanks David! Am very shocked this rod has lasted this long.
  14. David Loy Senior Moment

Wolf Bay
    Nick - I've come around to really appreciate the 6 wt after 25 years of flinging line. Might be too much for the Yakima, that is until you want to throw a streamer or the wind kicks up. And it's light for a winter SH rod if you're throwing intruders or catching 12+lb fish. Anything in between and it's excellent. I have a couple friends, casual fishermen, that only have a 6wt. They have saved a butt load of money over the years, and are quite happy.
    Are you SURE you want to sell this? PM me before you get drastic.
  15. Nick Clayton Active Member

David, trust me this is not an easy decision. lol I wanted one of these rods for a long time, and was estactic to finally score one. The problem is that I just don't use it. I have narrowed my fishing to the point where I fish stillwaters 90% of the time, and I'm generally not one to huck huge streamers while I do. I do have a couple other 6 wts, and I very much agree with how versatile they are. This rod is definitely a do it all type of rod. The only reason I finally decided to sell is basically I want a 10' 6 wt. I really want Chad's GLX, but it sounds like that will be off the market by this weekend. If I end up not selling this rod it won't break my heart. I just would rather have a longer rod for tossing the long leaders and indicators I fish so much these days.

Still, not an easy decision by any means!
  16. David Loy Senior Moment

Wolf Bay
    I started with a 5, then a 4, then an 8, then 4 speys, then a 5 (daughter #1), then a 4 (daughter #2), then a 5, THEN finally a 697 (and since, another 6 and 2 7s). I love them all but I could make do with much less. The 697 (or 691) would make the cut.
    Enough already, sorry for the rant.
    If someone comes to you and says they really wanted a 9'6", we could talk. They each have advantages.
  17. bfic Member

Marysville, WA
    PM sent with e-mail address

18. miller special Member

windsor, co, usa.
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Pm sent on the Echo
  19. flyfishn Member

Banner Elk, NC
  20. Nick Clayton Active Member