NFR Subaru Mechanics

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by tythetier, Mar 19, 2013.

1. tythetier

tythetier Fish Slayer

Media:
    Yeah, they should be working on getting it all back together today I am thinking.
    So with the headgasket, they also threw in a new clutch, and I got everything done for $1300, that was about 50% off of what they would normaly charge people my friend said.
    So yeah, now I know it was done right (they do so many his tech could do them in his sleep, and have never had one come back with a problem after install), the car should be good to go! I will take it on a couple of shorter trips before Idaho next month to be safe.

Patrick Gould likes this.
  2. hydrological

hydrological beads are NOT flies and snagging is just ghetto

same thing happened to me on a 2001 outback. previous owner used that stupid sealant, which managed to hide the headgasket problem long enough to sell it to me. douchebag :mad:

3. rainbow

rainbow My name is Mark Oberg

Home Page:
    I dont know about subaru, but some head gasket's require retorq around 10.000 miles. Check the spec's on the gasket, I'm sure he will let you know.

4. tythetier

tythetier Fish Slayer

Media:
    Yeah Mark, these damn Subaru's are just weird enough, they might need that. I will ask my friend tonight when we go get the car.
    Hydrological, I think this guy did the same. I had found a bit of copper powder (what they put in stop leak) in the water when I was flushing it.

5. JohnB

JohnB Member

I've used Performance Auto in Boring, OR has always treated me well with my Subaru, but I have not had to do an HG with them. I had valve cover gaskets + a little more done for under 300, and another trip that I cannot even remember what they did, but great service every time.

6. tythetier

tythetier Fish Slayer

Media:
    My friend is the manager at Tylers Automotive in Willsonville, they do these hg jobs all the time. Never had one come back, and the techs are all a stand up group of guys. I brought them in donughts one morning and they all said thanks when they came in to grab them. No idea if thats worth much to other people, but I think a bit of manners goes a long ways....