Summer Photo Scavanger Hunt

Discussion in 'Photography / Video' started by Backyard, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Rory McMahon Active Member

lynnwood
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Its a good thing, he deserves it. We dont need people like that on the board

2. FishyBusiness Member

Olympia, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Okay so I think I've got it done. I didn't want the images to take forever to load when people check this so I've loaded them all on a web page CLICK HERE to see the photos. PM me for my info.
  3. chadk Be the guide...

Snohomish, WA.
    Ratings: +41 / 0
    Nice going.

I'd have to ding you for calling that alligator lizard a 'geko' in the pic title though ;)

Rubber hatch is a tough call. I agree that a hatch can occur near the water though... Judges?

The nymph in the hand will also be a tough call. It's technically in your hand, but not touching it....

Nice going either way!
  4. Pat AV Member

Burnaby, B.C.
    I think that since rubber tubes are terestrial, not aquatic invertabretes it is very likely that they would hatch some distance from the water, but I am no entomologist! I can't even spell!

Pat
  5. Swandazi Kevin

Washington
    so whats the big box of streamers look like?
  6. Sloan Craven Active Member

NoSho, ma
    Ratings: +33 / 0
    So, I get up at 4am to meet up for fishing. Get to the river just before sunrise, with my garbage bag in hand ready to win this thing. THen I realize I left my camera in my truck.
    Also, I think with the rubberhatch, we're more interested in the tubers than the tubes. But what the hell do I know, I couldn't even remember my camera.
  7. Ian Broadie Flyfishing is so "Metal"

Kirkland, Washington
    Ratings: +57 / 0
    I got to live a very similar situation on Sunday. Hehe. Went the Sky. on Sunday after noon with the intention of getting visual evidence of a "Rubber Hatch" and realized that I left my camera in the truck.......... :eek:
  8. Backyard SANCHO!

The River, WA.
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Right on! :beer2: The tuber photo was a bit iffy, I was hoping for some gratuitous bikini shots. I'll drop you a pm to get your info.

Also I'll post some photos of the streamer box, when I get back from Anacortes at the end of this week.
  9. FishyBusiness Member

Olympia, WA
    I was hoping for the bikini shots too. Unfortunately the pics I took were of tubes that a few guys had just come out of the water on. That's why the photo is quite so up close. I didn't want them to think I was some freak taking their pictures. Wouldn't have cared if they were girls cause I am a freak for the bikinis.
  10. Backyard SANCHO!

The River, WA.
    Been working on getting 'the box' ready here while I have any spare time. Working nights and summer steel calling my name every morning, leaves little time for anything else.

But I have managed to crank a few out...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  11. flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

Mmmmmm, tasty!!! :thumb: I'll take a dozen! Please put them on my tab! :cool:
  12. Sloan Craven Active Member

NoSho, ma
    I want to attend Yard's School for Fly Tying..
  13. Scott Catlin Member

Redmond, WA
    Anyone going to set up a fall or winter scavenger hunt? I found this thread way too late to participate. I know on another board they do a monthly photo contest with small awards donated from members. It might be fun to see what people can come up with.
  14. FishyBusiness Member

Olympia, WA
    The flies are looking great. I'm in agreement with getting some tying lessons from you. Your spun deer hair behind the cones is perfect. I can't wait to open the box, tie one on and catch the biggest friggin trout of my life.
  15. Backyard SANCHO!

The River, WA.
    Well after spinning tons of tungsten, firewire, owner stingers, and lots of dead bunny onto a bunch of hooks. I managed to put ot a drunks dozen, of some lip rippers. Threw in a couple more just because of the delay.

Gonna be tying all night and tomorrow to finish up a stock pile for a big trip next week.

[IMG]
  16. Sloan Craven Active Member

NoSho, ma
    Damn, that's a nice little set-up. That's cost you 35 or 40 bucks on the black market.