Summer Run Fly Swap!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Rob Blomquist, May 18, 2002.

1. Rob Blomquist

Rob Blomquist Formerly Tight Loops

Media:
    Since there has been a little interest in a Summer Run swap, I will gladly meister it.

Here are the rules:

-This swap is open to all tyers at all levels of ability.
    -Everybody submits the same number of flies as there are entrants (max 12).
    -All tyers are reqired to tie only one pattern, in only one size (running out of hooks is a good excuse to make a minor substitution).
    -All patterns are to be fishable for summer run steelhead or sea run cutthroat.
    -Pattern descriptions are due to me by email May 31, and will be posted in the fly tying forum of this website.

Flies are due June 13, and will be divvied up in public at a Seattle area location the evening of June 14. Flies that are not available to the swapmeister by June 13 for the swap will be returned to the tyer. Those wishing to attend the public exchange may bring their flies to the exchange instead of mailing them. The swapmeister has the option of cancelling the public exchange at his discretion.

Interest in entering should be either by posting here, or emailing me. Swap details and other communications will be by email to save on WFF bandwidth, and to prevent boredom by other swappers.

Rob

2. fly15

fly15 New Member

I am in, exept I won't be able to make it to seattle so if you could mail me my flies after you have divied them up that would be great.SOUNDS LIKE FUN. :BIGSMILE

3. westie

westie New Member

Count me in!
    Jeff :LOVEIT

4. Rob Blomquist

Media:
    Yes, I will gladly accept mailed flies, and I will give out the address after the swap closes.

People mailing flies will need to provide an SASE or postage, mailing label and a recyclable envelope or box. In the envelope should be a container that will both protect the flies and the postal workers (we don't want them going postal, do we?). Altoids cans work well, fly boxes, and other sorts of boxes all work well. My choice for a summer fly swap would be an altoids tin. The tin should have your name and address.

5. SeaClarki

SeaClarki New Member

Media:
    Sounds Great, I'm in.

6. fly15

fly15 New Member

Thats it just three people so far, c'mon I know there is some more of you out there that are really good steelhead fly tiers.I am in on the swap, I hope some other people will join so we can all learn a few new patterns.SHOULD BE FUN CAN'T WAIT.

"Love'm and leave'm" C&R

fly15

7. Rob Blomquist

Media:
    Add a couple more that responded to my email address, and we probably have 5 now. Not the most jammin' number, but if you really want to get into it we could put it out to all of north america...but I like the idea of a neighborhood swap....

And then again, if we ony have 5 or 6, we could tie 2 apiece for a total of 10 to 12 flies! Now that would be a fun tie, too.

Rob

8. fly15

fly15 New Member

Ya that would be fun to tie 2 different patterns.Its still early yet we might get a couple more people that want in.I thought there would be more people interested than what we have got so far.I like the 2 different fly idea that would be great especialy if someone has more than one fly they want to share, I know I do. :BIGSMILE

9. Rob Blomquist

Media:
    Last Call!!! RE: Summer Run Fly Swap!

I will be closing this swap to further participants, tomorrow, 5/22 in the evening.

If you want to get in on the fun, just post here, or send me an email saying so.

Rob