SUMMER STEELHEAD SWAP update

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Flip, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Flip The dumb kid

Lk Stevens WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    almost time guys! 10 days or somthing left. waiting on 3 people, obsessed's flys arrived today.

Everyone who partook in the swap please send me a PM with mailing info, the pattern you tied, and the container shipped in. want it for reference once i have everything in a big pile. as i know it will be as soon as i start dividing. thanks.

despite sharpsteelies absence now, he will still be involved in the swap, though i am sure it will be his last WFF swap.

not to make judgments or send an attack directed at peoples flys, but some of them stand out. bobs muddlers are awsome, as are nooksack34's cummings. just my personal favorite. i have not gotten andys flys yet, but since i fish with him all the time i know that he switched patterns 1/2 way through tying and tied about 6 stimulators and a few of those killer green legged caddis's. its a grab bag on which you get.

every fly i have seen looks like it is going to catch some metal this summer, great job everyone:beer2 :beer2 :beer2

Thanks for participation in a FliP swap, everyone will recieve a "random" bonus fly from my grab bag. it will be labeled as such. enjoy

Tom:thumb

PS to REE: my flies are going in the mail tomorrow for the beginner swap, sorry i have been so lazy but well.. im lazy. just me personally. ill get them in the mail tomorrow

PS2 to New river Mike: i probably will have to take the foam out of your altoids tin to get everything in there, if you want it let me know

have a good night everyone.:)
  2. mike doughty Honorary Member

the uinta's
    Ratings: +5 / 0

flip, i tried to send you a PM and an e-mail, but for some reason it did not let me access these so here is my info.

MIKE DOUGHTY
    PSC 2 BOX 3061
    APO AP 96264

CUMMINGS SPECIAL
  3. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +108 / 0

Flip,

My mailing info is probably on the box I mailed my flies in, if not, it's posted on the Beginners Tax Day Swap post.

REE
  4. Flip The dumb kid

Lk Stevens WA

ya i have yours REE because of the other swap. as for everyone else though, i wanted reference
    thanks

tom
  5. Andy Workin in a sweet mullet

Columbia River Gorge
    Ratings: +2 / 0

Tom - Im not giving you my address, because you've been to my house and there are crazy people on the internet (present company included). You should just bring me my sturgeon rods and those flies, and I will give you my stimulators/caddis flies. There are about 6 different versions in 3 sizes between 14 of them or however many I tied. Gotta keep it interesting, you know??? I'm not sending out some of the "experimental" versions, so count yourself lucky as they most likely would have fallen apart on cast.
  6. Jay Allyn The Poor-Student Fly Fisher

Bellingham/Puyallup, WA

I'll send mine in a couple days. Just got back from Whistler today so I have some catching up to do. One good thing about Canada beside the fantastic skiing is that I was able to find some polar bear hair at the fly shop!:thumb
  7. Flip The dumb kid

Lk Stevens WA

hey andy if shawn goes out to your place to tie some flies and for some reason i am not there as well, just leave them with him. id like to go tie though... seems to me you could show me how the hell to tie a tube fly and that is a lesson i need to learn

:dunno

tom
  8. mike doughty Honorary Member

the uinta's
    Ratings: +5 / 0

Where do we stand with the swap so far? I am anxiously awaiting the flies i won't use anytime soon.
  9. Andy Workin in a sweet mullet

Columbia River Gorge
    Ratings: +2 / 0

I think you are all waiting for me. I have 2 left to do.

Like I said, some of you will get the caddis, some will get the stimulators. They were all out of grizzly dry-fly hackle when Flip and I went to get more, but the caddis is pretty much the same fly with an spun elk hair head instead of the grizzly hackle. I raised my first and second steelhead on both of these flies this last summer.

:beer2
  10. Wayne Jordan Active Member

Ratings: +14 / 0

You should be getting mine today. If any of you guys want to fish the Snoqualmie with me in a few months just let me know. The pattern that I tied up caught me six fish last year, it isn't exactly what most would call a "low water pattern", but it certainly works!:beer2
  11. Flip The dumb kid

Lk Stevens WA

yes fishboy, i got zem. and wow? i am not sure what to think? those are da funky shizzit dude... i love em. what kind of hooks are they tied on? they almost look like gami's to me, but i suck at hook ID?

tom
  12. Jay Allyn The Poor-Student Fly Fisher

Bellingham/Puyallup, WA

18 flies are going in the mail first thing tomarrow!
  13. Wayne Jordan Active Member

Those are gami's, with that fly you're going to let it swing all the way through like normal then drop it back a foot then twitch it a few times. If they follow it and don't strike they'll hit it 9 times out of 10 when you drop back & twitch!
    When you fish that pattern for the first time watch how the tail reacts in the water with the marabou. Can you say freakin' deadly! As my note said try it out sometime on your favorite lake or trout stream for that matter in a smaller size, it's great Yakima pattern in white or black.
    The ones I tied for the swap are tied sparsely try using some pheasant rump twisted on for a collar...:thumb
    So when am I going to get a chance to fish with you guys?
  14. Wayne Jordan Active Member

I can't wait to see the flies!:thumb
  15. Flip The dumb kid

Lk Stevens WA

hehe i was right on the hooks! i love that fly man, just finished up some size 12's tied with olive maribou. dont ask where i found marabou small enough to palmer a size 12. but i did. cant wait to try them out on thursieday. if your interested in floating the skagit next sunday for the afternoon/evening bite, im goin up with my neighbor ( not flydreamin, i know its bad BOTH my neighbors love to fish:7 ) to play in his new DB. love to fling a loop with ya. were hitting either flowing or blackmans thursday, you could meet up in the afternoon then? tis all good!

tom
  16. Flip The dumb kid

Lk Stevens WA

sending me some extras junky? cool! i always need some box filler, and its hard to duplicate some of your guy's flys ( im looking at you bob, those muddlers are killer) and would love to have more than one. thanks

almost time for everyone to see them, i was a bad boy and showed a few to andy, but what can you do..? you all are gonna love these flys

tom
  17. Wayne Jordan Active Member

I would definitely be down for the Skagit. I haven't fished it in a couple months and would love to hook into a few dollies. God forbid I hook a steelhead, then you may see me running up and down the bank squealing like schoolgirl who just saw Justin Timberlake! Send me an e-mail if you can swing me coming aboard...:thumb
  18. Wayne Jordan Active Member

white marabou with a sink tip or full sinking line. Absolutely deadly!
  19. Flip The dumb kid

Lk Stevens WA

ill ask, and if i cant, you can always drag the toon behind us and fish with us. his son might be coming too though, so not sure. ill ask though
  20. Flip The dumb kid

Lk Stevens WA

ok well the deadline has come and gone. should get the last of the flys today ( andy that means you) and then i will divide and ship them in the morning before i fish. theyll be gone tomorrow, assuming that ANDY......

so fishboy, how does sunday look?

tom:beer2 :dunno :smokin