SUMMER STEELHEAD SWAP update

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Flip, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Wayne Jordan Active Member

Ratings: +14 / 0

I'm going to be taking my buddy up to Lone. I want to get him into some fish because hedoesn't get a chance to get out that much because of the new baby. I was over there yesterday and let me tell ya! It was fish after fish after fish! If you don't go to the Skagit come on over!:thumb
  2. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +110 / 0

The flies arrived this afternoon and they all look great. Nicely done everyone. I have to agree with flip on this one though, that muddler is first rate. Thanks for all your efforts everyone.

REE
  3. Flip The dumb kid

Lk Stevens WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0

hey ron, wait till you see that muddler wet. would not surprise me if every fish in the river wanted it right then, it looks so awsome. i have been tying some smaller ones along with my usual paraphenaila for next saturday. cant wait

tom
  4. BOBLAWLESS New Member

Port Ludlow, WA, USA.

Thanks for a wonderful swap, flip. Got my flies today and they all look like killers.

On my muddler, I did not mark the eyes, leaving this for each guy to decide. On my own version, I take an indelible black felt tip and put two eyes to make it look like a small mouse, mole, or some nasty little varmit that should be bitten.

Try not to strike too quickly on this fly as you will miss. Give the fish time to inhale the fly and then turn away from you. Now set the hook hard three times.

I also noticed that I must have failed to crush down the barbs on all the hook as mine has a barb. I don't like to carry barbed hooks and so I apologize for this oversight.

Bob, the Keep it in the seams and white water for as long as you can.:professor
  5. Wayne Jordan Active Member

Ratings: +14 / 0

Nice flies everyone. Can't wait to try them all out this summer.:thumb
  6. mike doughty Honorary Member

the uinta's
    Ratings: +5 / 0

who's posting the photo's?
  7. Flip The dumb kid

Lk Stevens WA

ill get to it soon
  8. mike doughty Honorary Member

the uinta's
    Ratings: +5 / 0

received mine today flip, thanks. outstanding bunch of flies. great job everybody.
  9. Mike Etgen Not Quite A Luddite, But Can See One From Here

Port Orchard, Washington, USA.

New River Mike

A belated thanks to all who tied for this swap, and to Flip for masterminding the whole thing. The flies look great, and consequently there's no more excuses for me not to take my first steelhead this summer...

:thumb
  10. Flip The dumb kid

Lk Stevens WA

you still need a summer steelhead? why not make it a big one, and get him on the surface with one of the drys that came out of this. i have been using bobs muddler pattern for bass very successfully, especially with a orange head ( i ran out of natural deer hair:rolleyes ) and rubber legs. a size 8 is about right, give them a whirl

tom