Summerrun Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by StuFarnham, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Scott Behn Active Member

Lk Stevens, Wa.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I'm glad y'all have decided what your going to tie...I can't seem to settle on a pattern. I'm thinking I'll stick with my nymphs, being that is what I usually do for summerruns anyways.

I might do a golden stone pattern... :confused:
  2. Trevor New Member

Poulsbo , WA
    once, twice...SOLD!!! :rofl: :p :rofl:
  3. Bob Triggs Your Preferred Olympic Peninsula Fly Fishing Guide

Olympic Peninsula
    Ratings: +654 / 0
    I can make the june 6th deadline. Cant do it earlier. We have a lot of season ahead of us, especially the autumn fishing.
  4. Trevor New Member

Poulsbo , WA
    :thumb: June 6 is plenty early. I've just been obsessed with tying lately and am gnawing at the bit (and shot off my post before I saw Stu's setting the date). I swear if I had all my materials, i would have already finished the flies, but then I would just have to wait until my fly swap box got back from another swap I'm in (that doesn't finish for 2 weeks).

My wife picked up some BEP for me yesterday from Seattle, so I'm just waiting for the bronze mallard that I ordered. I have 12 bodies sitting around waiting for wings...
  5. Scott Behn Active Member

Lk Stevens, Wa.
    Yeah I settled on my little (#10) golden stone nymph. It is probably the one fly that I consistently get hits on.

Although I'm going to try skating dries this year also, never have before.

:cool:
  6. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +660 / 5
    Still not sure what I'm going to tie yet. Have some stuff besides mine to tie up tonight. So maybe I'll get on some of the swap flies. Still not sure what.
  7. mike doughty Honorary Member

the uinta's
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Hey stu, can we get your address please?
  8. Davy Active Member

SIlverton, OR
    Ratings: +16 / 0
    June 6 is good ,have 4 done ..but who knows when I will be back to the bench.
  9. StuFarnham Member

Walla Walla, WA USA
    Mike,

As posted earlier, I will send folks an email with my snail mail address, etc over the weekend.

Stu
  10. SpeyRodBeBop Member

Mission, British Columbia.
    I'm going to try the Bulkley Tri-Colour Bomber, if my local store can get some bright orange deer hair quick enough. If they don't I'll do a Moose Turd. I figure these will be good deer hair tying practice.
  11. StuFarnham Member

Walla Walla, WA USA
    oK -- unless I screwed up, you should all have email with details fo the swap, including my snail mail address. Lemme know if I missed you.

Stu
  12. Davy Active Member

SIlverton, OR
    got it Stu, my flys will be to you by middle next week, thank you

davy
  13. Scott Behn Active Member

Lk Stevens, Wa.
    Okay Stu my little stones are done and will be mailing them out this week...can't wait to see everyone's works of art!!!!

:cool:
  14. Trevor New Member

Poulsbo , WA
    Mine are all but done, but I'm out of town this week. I will get them finished up when I get home next week and get them in the mail.

Trevor
  15. D3Smartie Active Member

WA
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    I have no name for my fly but i created it the other day. Probably something that has already been done but i think it should do ok for summer runs.
    It has
    Silver tag
    pink tail and butt
    Black ice dub body
    silver rib
    Black bear wing
    Pink hackle under a black hackle.
  16. Trevor New Member

Poulsbo , WA
    D3, that sounds similar to a fly I have heard of called (coinincidentally enough) a "black bear". :thumb: I bet it will be a killer. I'm stoked to see what everyone comes up with.

Trevor
  17. D3Smartie Active Member

WA
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    very similar to the black bear green butt, but with the pink instead and the pick hackle.
  18. StuFarnham Member

Walla Walla, WA USA
    First lies arrive!

Davy Earl's Midnite Blue Speys -- nice flies, Davy, if I get ambitious this weekend I may start taking photos.

Stu
  19. SpeyRodBeBop Member

Mission, British Columbia.
    I've changed my mind, primarily because I forgot that tying Bombers requires tons of time and deer hair. I'm going to do a foam head wakeing pattern instead.
  20. Davy Active Member

SIlverton, OR
    Got them huh Stu? Hope they made it intact! I enclosed the toe tags so as to not disturb them so bad. :cool:

hope their worthy of everyone elses. :beer2:

:eek: Jerry !!! - :ray1: let's not wait till the due day to tye yours this time huh? , J/K :thumb: I know your busy.

talk to you all again in June, I'm goin fishin.

davy