Summerrun Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by StuFarnham, Apr 28, 2005.

1. StuFarnham Member

Walla Walla, WA USA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Flies due in 7 days!

Still to come:
    Bob Triggs
    craigmtb
    Jerry Daschofsky

Flies received to date:
    D3Smartie
    Davy Earl
    Mike Doughty
    Scott Behn
    Sinktip
    SpeyRodBeBop
    StuFarnham
    Trevor
    WBodger
  2. StuFarnham Member

Walla Walla, WA USA
    Swap update

I had PMs from craigmtb and Bob Triggs. Craig wanted my snail mail address (sent) and Bob says he has to drop out (next time, Bob).

Jerry's last post said he'd mail his on Tuesday.

Stu
  3. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +689 / 5
    Mine are done, will be dropped in mail tomorrow. Sorry about that, I was a zombie all Memorial weekend, and the long hours (upped my hours last week) I didn't do any tying at all during the week after work (worked almost 50 hours in 4 days last week). Got caught up today, so packaged and ready to go. Sorry about the delay. Still trying to adjust to heavy labor again after 2 years off. LOL. Not the pattern I wanted to tie, but one of my "go to" summerrun patterns though.
  4. StuFarnham Member

Walla Walla, WA USA
    OK! Craig's and Jerry's are in the mail (or as good as) .. once theirs arrive the swap is done, I'll sort the flies into sets and mail them out.

I started taking photos today. For some reason the ones I saved for the web came out dark, but I have no more time to mess with photography today. You can find photos of all the flies received to date at http://www.farnham.ws/Summer Run Swap 2005.htm . I also posted some more of my spey flies at http://www.farnham.ws/spey_and_dee_flies.htm and some hairwings at http://www.farnham.ws/HariWing Flies.htm .

Enjoy!

Stu
  5. Trevor New Member

Poulsbo , WA
    Thanks for posting the pics. Lookin' good!

I checked out yours too, Stu...

OoooWee! They are tasty... That Rimrock awesome. :thumb:
  6. Scott Behn Active Member

Lk Stevens, Wa.
    Am I the only guy that tied a nymph pattern for summer-run steelhead? I must be a rebel... :D

:cool:
  7. mike doughty Honorary Member

the uinta's
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    I thought about tying the steelie nymph, but chose not to so that you could have the spot light.
  8. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +110 / 0
    Those swap flies are killer. Wish I would have had time to participaate in this one. Stu, that Rim Rock is a great looking fly, as are the rest of them. I'm a sucker for a nice Spey or Dee fly.

REE
  9. Sinktip Monty

The River, Or Bar
    These are looking like some great flies. Did you notice the very small head that I was able to tie. :rofl: bawling: Maybe one day I will be able to tie up some of these patterns, although I won't be holding my breath.

Scott, Some guys just want to be differant I guess, and this time it was your turn. :confused: J/K That is a sweet looking nymph.

I am looking forward to getting these things wet real soon. I might even go fishing with them after all the drool dries off. :D :D

Thanks to Stu and everybody that was able to join in for a great swap.

Monty
  10. StuFarnham Member

Walla Walla, WA USA
    Craig's flies arrived today.

And then there was one...
  11. StuFarnham Member

Walla Walla, WA USA
    Jerry,

Flies?

Stu
  12. StuFarnham Member

Walla Walla, WA USA
    Folks,

Still waiting on Jerry's flies.

Jerry, what's the scoop? The others in the swap would appreciate knowing what to expect.

Stu
  13. StuFarnham Member

Walla Walla, WA USA
    Last chance

Jerry,

Last chance -- what's up with your flies?

5/28: "Mine will be in the mail on Tuesday"
    6/5 "Mine are done, will be dropped in the mail tomorrow"
    Since then: radio silence.

I've gotten pretty hard-core about fly swaps. My hot buttons are swappers who don't do what they say they will and/or don't communicate when there are delays.

If Jerry's flies are not here by Tuesday I plan to shut the swap down and send out what I have to the folks who got their flies in on time.

Also -- I rephotographed the swap flies last weekend - including CraigMTB's GBS - and have posted the improved photos at http://www.farnham.ws/Summer Run Swap 2005.htm

Stu

Stu
  14. StuFarnham Member

Walla Walla, WA USA
    I decided not to wait

The odds that either Jerry or his flies will show up before Tuesday are infinitesimal. The flies are boxed up and ready to go out tomorrow. I distributed the two extra sets randomly among the swappers, two files each.

Thanks for tying...

Stu
  15. craigmtb New Member

Auburn, Wa
    Thanks Stu, you have done a great job!
  16. Trevor New Member

Poulsbo , WA
    I got a present in the mail today. The flies look great everyone! Thanks Stu.

Trevor
  17. Scott Behn Active Member

Lk Stevens, Wa.
    I got mine today as well...yeah!!!!!

:thumb:
  18. mike doughty Honorary Member

the uinta's
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    got mine today as well, can't wait to get them wet.
  19. Sinktip Monty

The River, Or Bar
    Got mine today, and I have been starring at them for about 40 minutes or so. :eek: These things look great. I will have a hard time with losing them to the rocks, fish, and logs. bawling:But I will fish them all with a smile. :D
    Thanks guys,

Monty
  20. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +689 / 5
    Sorry guys, life caught up with me, and being back to work got me well off mark. Flies were tied up, but are now in my fly boxes (and have caught some summerruns actually). Haven't been online at all, and was "out of sight, out of mind" on the flies. Don't worry, not doing any swaps until my body is regulated.

But Stu, sorry but hard to explain. I guess if you worked a heavy industrial route after 2 years off with a spinal injury, you'd understand where I was coming from. I literally have had no time for my family, let alone remembering to toss the flies in the mail. Everytime I remembered to grab the flies, I'd be out on route, and when I came home the only thing I thought about was seeing my family and taking care of my injuries. Plus, haven't logged in at all either to check my emails, let alone the boards. I've been back to living in reallife, not on the computer. I am sorry for delaying the swap, but I did have reasons. I do apologize again.