Sunday fishing- Sauk River

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by TomB, Feb 8, 2003.

1. TomB

TomB Active Member

Fellow flyflingers-

I am heading out to the Sauk tommorow for Steelhead and dollies. My partner just canceled on me so if anyone wants to meet up they are welcome. Email me by 10:30 pm saturday, and I will promply respond with details of the trip. Tight lines.
    -Thomas:thumb

2. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

Where abouts. I have tomorrow all to myself and I'm not to sure If I should go or just stay home away from everything.

Jim

3. TomB

TomB Active Member

I'll be between the Suiattle and Government Bridge. Probably start at White Creek. Jim-I sent you an email!
    -Thomas

4. Peter Pancho

Peter Pancho Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    Do you guys normally fish at the First creek and wade down the river to the metal bridge boat launch? I was there today with my wife for a few hours. I fished she fished and took pics of the cool Eagles also fishing. I'm sure they are plenty of spots but this was my first time there and wasn't very familiar with the area, beautiful river though, the best looking yet for me!
    2hr drive for me from Tacoma, saw one guy holding a 30", a few fly/bait guys around the bank and floating. Will probably fish this river again next week or so. What are supposedly the hot spots if yall' don't mind me asking?(email me please) Thankyou very much!

Peter ><>

"Follow Me and I will make you fishers of Men"
    Matthew 4:19

5. mtlhead

mtlhead Member

I wont give any specifics, but I fish almost exclusively above Darrington. You have to do some trekking to get to some of the better spots, but they are more than worth the time spent to find them and it can be a unbelievable experiance to explore the river! This IS my favorite river within 50 miles of my front door.
    :smokin

6. Whitey

Whitey Active Member

Media:
    Fished the sauk on Saturday at Suak park. Nothing. Beautiful surroundings though, nice weather too! Fished the NF stilly on the way home. Nothing.:beathead Explored a bit, found some nice water. Deer Creek is pumping out the funk, but above it was clear and low. Try, try, try again. Never quit. :smokin YT

7. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

Media:
    I also fished the Sauk on Saturday. Between 4 guys fishing in our group - only a few dollies landed and 1 steelie LDR'd. Not many fish around and the water was very low and crystal clear. We think the recent floods pushed a lot of the dollies out maybe. And it's still several weeks early to expect good numbers of steelies. But we had a great time exploring and enjoying the beautiful spring like weather.

8. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

Went to the Sauk today and met the youngster that started this thread. Had a good time and the weather was very nice up there.Was going to meet them some other place but couldn't find them so I went to the Stilly And fished above Bolder river. The weather there was about 20 degrees colder than the Sauk and the wind was blowing also. After that I just said to heck with it and came home. I should of tried to pull some of that nice weather back home with me. As I look out my window it almost looks like rain.

Jim