Sunday

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Nick Clayton, May 25, 2013.

1. Nick Clayton Active Member

Ratings: +1,116 / 4
    Ill be heading up to either Lone or Pass tomorrow. Anybody else gonna be out?
  2. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +1,033 / 1
    Dude I wish. If I could I would, but I can't. Good luck! You may not have as much competition at Pass because some guys may not be willing to drive from the South to make it up there.
  3. Nick Clayton Active Member

Yeah I'm leaning towards pass at this point.
  4. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    Ratings: +349 / 0
    Lone had only 2 fishermen today that I saw. I plan to fish Sunday also and my buddy Greg will also be on the water with his brother. I will look for you Nick in case you come south.

Have fun whatever direction you swing ;-p
  5. Nick Clayton Active Member

Hows it been fishing, Jeff?
  6. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    Tomorrow will be my first day on the water in 3 weeks.... not many people out on the lake either, so we will see tomorrow!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2
  7. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +180 / 6
    I just got back from Lone this evening. Fished about 3 hours and only managed 2 fish. Both were quality one though. A 18 and 20 inch. The fish are still deep, saw no surface action and the wind was bad at times. One came on the Camo Carey and a full sink, the other on my krystal flash snow cone under a bobber.

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      4.1 MB
      Views:
    Irafly and Jeff Dodd like this.
  8. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    Thanks for the report Steve. Nice fish you landed!
  9. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +201 / 0
    Cammo carey? That surprises me. Glad you got out.
  10. Irafly Active Member

Shouldn't the real surprise be how easy it was to coax him over to the dark side?
  11. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    Fishing never got hot for me at Lone today. Scratched out 6 fish in six hours but I lost a few and missed several. Saw some large trout landed today. My first fish was about 20 inches and very healthy. Water was 61 degrees and the hatches sputtered all day. I found d very little surface activity.

Here is a nice fish Islander landed just as I was headed for home. Great day fishing alongside Steve, aka Islander.

Not crowded. In fact most people left around noon. My largest fish came on a Drunken Dragon.

IMG_20130526_164216_558.jpg
  12. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +770 / 1
    Who brought the cookies...?:D
    Islander likes this.
  13. Nick Clayton Active Member

Nice fish! I fished hard at Pass until I was too wet and cold to continue. It was slow, slow, slow for me. Picked up a few trolling lost a few, and missed a handful of strikes. Just never could get anything going. Seemed common with those I spoke to and saw.

Was nice to see you out there, Brian. Too bad we weren't better rewarded for braving that weather. Hopefully it turned on for you after I left. I debated hard which way to turn after I got off the ferry. Perhaps I should have turned right and joined Jeff and Steve instead.
    Jeff Dodd likes this.
  14. Irafly Active Member

I hate to tell you what Tim told me about the evening bite out there at Pass right now.
  15. Nick Clayton Active Member

Oh I know. He messaged me last night. But I was too damn wet to care
    Mark Kraniger likes this.
  16. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,260 / 1
    Nick,
    Good to see you out there today. Your new pram is a great little craft.
    Things did pick up for me after you left at your favorite end of the lake.
    I got tired of the pecking type strikes so I put out the meat rig, lol. A size 4 solid white bugger with a pearl diamond braid body.
    I ended up bringing 8 more to hand and had a lot of other hits. The fish were larger then what I was getting on the other end. Quite a few fish rising as a I left and as Ira said the evening bite looked like it was going to set up perfectly. I had things to do at home or else I would have stayed.
    I pumped a couple smaller fish earlier in the day. They were stuffed with really small and thin bloodworms. The bigger fish I pumped later in the day had lots of small snails in the throat samples.
    Oh yea, should mention the nice missed call by the weatherman today as well. Things were floating in my boat.....
    SF
    Nick Clayton likes this.
  17. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +201 / 0
    I showed Islander the dark side on Lenice, just didn't stick with it.

Nice fish, Steve. The expression could use some work, and the "I've got you" grip is great. I have a few pictures of Roper's phantom fishies...
    Islander likes this.
  18. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +770 / 1
    Speaking of dumb expressions...they're just too slippery and too fast...or your shutter finger is too slow, which is it...?:)
  19. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +180 / 6
    He started to wiggle so I got him with the "death grip". He swam away ok. I think fish have a sixth sense about pictures. Just before you push the button they go crazy.

It was a bit slow on Lone today for me too. I think it's been fishing better in the mornings but it's been raining in the mornings and I don't like to fish in the rain. :eek:

Here's Jeff coaxing one into his net.

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      3.7 MB
      Views:
  20. Nick Clayton Active Member

Nice work, Brian. Way to tough it out and get some action. I had a smaller white bugger on for the last hour I was out there. Landed one and missed several short strikes... looks like I should have gone bigger.