Sunrise vs sunset - low tide vs high tide

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by ricklea1953, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Hooker Banned or Parked

WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    rick- congrats on being old. If you dont like the advice, dont read it. Its an observation, read it as such. I still think that if you keep a more open mind and try to learn it for yourself, you will be much more successful. you can only learn so much from talkin and reading... actually being out, one time so far, will teach you more.
    I read your post saying... i know the fish like/dislike this, so therefore, I will do this...
    You are brand new to it. You dont know. Hell everyone that has been at it for a long time doesnt know. there are trends and patterns that everyone will test to the point they think they have found the answer and just then, the fish will completely blow it out of the water.
  2. DimeBrite MA-9 Beach Stalker

Marine Area 9
    Ratings: +286 / 0
    Speaking of AM outgoing tides, cloud cover, and moving water: Tommorrow morning should be a good time for everyone to fish the beach. Hopefully the clouds linger the entire morning. Plus we have a new moon today so the salmon will be hungry.

Happy Fishing
  3. Go Fish Language, its a virus

Rheomode, Wa.
    Ratings: +87 / 0
    It seems that everyone concurs with Rick that
    cloud cover or low light conditions help......
    Each location produces better at different times
    and tides.... See Rick, you do know something.
  4. Jake L New Member

Sammamish, WA
    Ya I thought this morning would be good. The rain quit = Good. I got there at the perfect time (stumbling through dark to get there) = Good. Outgoing tide like everyone likes = Good. But the wind, chop, and no signs of fish life anywhere had me home early. Tomorrow....
  5. Mr.E He called me an Elitist ?? LOL ..what a moron

Lakewood,Wa.
    jrlyman, today was a good day. Good out going tide, Rain and wind. The ones that were persistent took home kings and coho. The ones that were discouraged went home with nada. Out of 7 guys including myself we filled our tags.

You never know unless you put in the time. Some times the worst weather is the most productive time.;)
  6. Jake L New Member

Sammamish, WA
    The weather didn't send me home, it was the complete absence of fish activity mixed with the fact that it was the third morning in a row I'd been up at three forty-five to fish. I'll be out again tomorrow. I figure there'll be lots of folks out, and it'll be good for me to be able to watch and interact with guys out on the beach. Learn a thing or two.
  7. Tony Tony

Lynnwood Wa
    Ratings: +49 / 0
    Fish when you can fish and as often as possible, I work weird hours and so right now I'm not able to fish the mornings much nor have I been able to get in on the good tides lately, I fish when I can and haven't had any problems getting into fish, some places will be better depending on the tides these are things to be learned but I've found silvers will feed on and off all day no matter what the tide or weather conditions are and my best fish caught last year was a large king caught on a bright sunny day in the middle of the afternoon I ended up losing it but still the fact remains you can get into fish if you are just willing to get out there and fish, persistance is the key, sure I prefer to fish early but I'm not convinced its really all that neccesary.
    tony
  8. ricklea1953 New Member

Covington, Washington
    Thanks Tony,
    I too have to get on the water when I can. That's why I ask so many questions. I am a beginner to fly fishing and I have limited time to devote. I will retire (for the second time) in 7 years and maybe I will have more time on my hands then.

Thanks for you input,
    Rick
  9. Abel1 New Member

Clearview Wa
    ricklea1953- I would put money down that you and mumbles would have a heck of a day fishing together. You both seem to want the same thing? I would be happy to hear both of your reports.

Good luck.
  10. ricklea1953 New Member

Covington, Washington
    I would love to fish with mumbles except he lives in some exotic place that doesn't show on the map book.

Rick
  11. Abel1 New Member

Clearview Wa
    You and mumbles, both military trained? I would love to hear the briefing.
  12. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,324 / 9
    And so far Rick has not figured out the PM function! Everyone knows where Cliffside is...don't they. I live in the center of the universe!
  13. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,324 / 9
    Roger that Abel1. Rally at the AOR and prep for the DB before liberty call and a quick trip to the PX. After that you are set for some good RnR using the MWR gear and can give a SITREP at muster the next duty day. You in?
  14. Steven Green Hood Canal Pirate

Poulsbo, Washington
    Some nice private beaches on cliffside :thumb: