sweeeeet

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jeremy Cram, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Jeremy Cram

Jeremy Cram Member

Media:
    Caught my first steelhead today on the Hoh! It was a heavy (maybe 14 pounds) hatchery male. They are beautiful fish. Wish it coulda been wild and I wish it coulda been on a dry fly (It hit a Skykomish Sunrise), but I guess you gotta start somewhere.

What a thrill

Jeremy

2. mat1226

mat1226 Active Member

Way to go Jeremy. You are one short quick step ahead of me. I'm putting in my time and it will be soon. Sounds like a nice fish.

Mark

3. Peter Pancho

Peter Pancho Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    I'm jelous! Hopefully I'll get first today at the Cowlitz river, wish me luck! :THUMBSUP

4. fly15

fly15 New Member

Congrats on your first steelie. Where about on the hoh did you find steelhead. My family and I are going camping up there on the hoh in a week and half. Nothin like hooking up with a steelhead the finest fish out there. Since I caught my first steelhead I have had the steelhead fever ever since and after catching a 29" buck on the stilly two weeks ago I can't wait to hit the hoh.

fly15

5. troutman101

troutman101 Member

Media:
    Excellent! Please share photos if you have any.

I went to Fortson on Sunday, stayed up all night on Sat night, drove to Fortson by 4:30. Thought I was gonna miss the mob by 5am and get the honey hole. Dude was there and hooked 2 missed 2. I fished the okay water for 4 hours, started to nod off standing up. Fell asleep in the van, woke up at 5pm, it poured hard. No fish. Tough weekend.

6. Jeremy Cram

Jeremy Cram Member

Media:
    I was at the first "public fishing" sign up river from 101. I had never fished the Hoh before. My problem is that pretty much all the water looks good... I never know where to fish. The river is supposedly full on Kings and Dollies too, but didn't see any of them.

Good Luck.... maybe I'll see you out there.

Jeremy