FS Tack Free, Fast Cure, Crystal UV Cure Resin

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by silvercreek, Mar 14, 2014.

1. silvercreek Active Member

Ratings: +207 / 0
    I will be gone from Sept 16 - August 4, 2014 for a fly fishing trip to Montana, I will remove this notice when I return. Orders paid for on or before the 16th will be filled and mailed.

======================

PM me your private email and I will send you information on how to order. Or email me directly using picaboo(at)charter(dot)net Substitute @ for (at) and . for (dot) and put resin in the UV subject line.

I sell a basic UV resin kit for the same price as the Clear Cure Goo flashlight costs. It is one bottle of Crystal UV Coat and the basic flashlight for $30.00

Crystal UV Coat cures without any tack. It is hard when dry.

My Crystal UV Coat is in a 15 cc bottle with an applicator brush, It is $15.00. It has 50% more resin than that 10cc syringe of Clear Cure Goo and the bottle/brush is a better system than a syringe with the applicator tips that cost extra. It is also better than a squeeze bottle or a squeeze tube that others use. The brush system has no waste, and the brush allows you to apply a thick or thin coat of the resin.

[IMG]

Some resins like Clear Cure Goo cure with residual tackiness and require you to coat them with Sally Hansen's. Mine does not. It will cure tack free.

I have 3 options for UV lights.

I have the multiple led light of CCG at half the cost = $15. This light cures the resin in 20 seconds. This light will eventually begin to take longer to cure the resin. It will still glow but the output decreases over time. It uses AAA batteries. Change them when you find the cure time increasing.

Clear Cure Goo sells their regular flashlight for $30. My $15 light has identical LEDs and batteries as the CCG Light. My light is on the left and the CCG light is on the right.

[IMG]

I have a high power light for the same $30 that CCG charges for their standard light. CCG sell this light as their Pro Plus Curing Light for $60.00. It cures the resin in less than 10 seconds. The advantage of the high power light is that it uses lithium batteries that last much longer and the beam is brighter. It not only cures faster, it will last longer.

My light uses the same LED and batteries as the one below but for $30 instead of $60.00.

[IMG]

The regular flashlight beam is on the left, the high power one is on the right.

[IMG]

The third light is a UV laser that will cure flies in a few seconds. It is for small areas like the thorax of a Copper John or to cure chironomid bodies. Using it for small areas saves the lithium batteries of the larger flashlight. I will add it to any other light for an extra $10. It is $15 if no other light is purchased.

Shipping is $4 to pay for packing materials, handling, and postage for any single item. Add $1 postage for each additional item. For example, the kit with a bottle of resin plus the standard light is $15 + $15 = $30 (the same as for the light alone from CCG) and $5 postage. Add the laser and it is $40 plus $6 postage. If you want the high power light, resin, and laser; it is $55 plus $6 postage.

I do not mail outside the USA.

If you are going to tie a lot of these flies I recommend the high power light, the regular light for occasional use, and add the laser if you are going to cure small areas like midges or the thorax on Copper John.

PM me your private email if you are interested and I will tell you how to pay.

Kirk Dietrick test of cure times and tackiness. My Crystal UV Coat is referred to as Crystal UV Resin in the article.

[IMG]

http://onthevise.com/blog/10-clear-coat-durability-test-poppers

Here are some BB"s that discuss my resin during the thread:

http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/forum/index.php?threads/best-non-tacky-resin.92990/

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=74303

http://www.southeastflyfishingforum.com/forum/uv-resin-system-t42344.html

http://tinyurl.com/lgkbu7v

Wisconsin Trout April 2013, pg 23

http://tinyurl.com/cg2ko76

Flies I tied with my resin:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Spoon flies tied by a customer.

[IMG]

Bass Bugs tied by Kirk Dietrick using my Crystal UV Coat/

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

PM me your private email and I will send you information on how to order.
    • Like Like x 5
    • Good Seller / Buyer Good Seller / Buyer x 1
    • List
  2. jersey livin' the dream

sonoma county
    Ratings: +68 / 0
  3. papafsh Piscatorial predilection

Camano Island, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +61 / 0
    I purchased this product from Silver the last time he posted this info. It is exactly as good as described, and I have been very happy with the result on fly's that I 've used it on.

LB
  4. silvercreek Active Member

If you want to keep my offer on the first page of the classifieds, I would appreciate the buyers posting comments on my resin's performance. Posting some of your flies will also help.
  5. thesankers Member

Richland, WA
    Ratings: +8 / 1
  6. dereke New Member

Squamish
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I sent a PM as well.
  7. c1eddy Member

Wenatchee, WA
    Ratings: +9 / 0
    I gave the $30 kit a try. It's even cooler and more fun than I thought it would be. I've been tying some Surf Candy-style flies for SRC. The only tip I can give at this point is to make sure you use it over a hard surface (it's a little stubborn after getting in the carpet).
    Eyejuggler likes this.
  8. silvercreek Active Member

Rubbing alcohol dilutes the resin when it is wiped up right away, but I don't know how well it would work when it is in carpet for a while.
  9. Mike Ediger Active Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +151 / 8
    I have tried two other well-known name-brand UV cures and didn't like either. After quite a few back and forth emails with Silver I decided to give it a shot. I have my own UV light so all I needed was the material. I was more than pleased with the outcome. It is so easy and works better than advertised. It is honestly a great product in my opinion and I am glad I tried it!
    Thanks Silver.
    Mike
  10. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,260 / 1
    Here is a bend back tied using Silvercreek's UV cure. I coat the keel weight, body and head with his product. Good stuff.

[IMG]
    Eyejuggler likes this.
  11. Shawn West Active Member

Vancouver,Washington
    Ratings: +117 / 0
  12. Mike Ediger Active Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +151 / 8
    I will also say that with all the claims of "tack free"...this is the first one I have tried that truly is tack free. I have never used alcohol or needed to set them in the sun to finish curing.
    Ron McNeal likes this.
  13. ron henry New Member

Knoxville, Tn
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    This is good stuff. I bought a kit last year and have been well pleased. And the lazer light is way cool for curing resin in tight spots. A good value.
  14. gjake999 Member

san luis obispo,ca
    Ratings: +1 / 0
  15. silvercreek Active Member

16. james.jimenez Active Member

South Korea
    Ratings: +234 / 0
    Shipping to APO addresses an issue?
  17. yolofitz New Member

Davis, CA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    not sure how to contact you except perhaps by replying to this thread. Please send PM, fitz1717@comcast.net, for instructions to purchase resin. Thanks, Pat.
  18. silvercreek Active Member

James,

I can send to your APO address.
  19. BIG COHO Member

Ratings: +1 / 0
    Do you ship to Alaska?
  20. Cold New Member

Ratings: +12 / 0
    Bought some of silvercreek's resin last week, and while I've not had the chance to use it as much as I'd have liked yet, from the initial test drive, it's an awesome addition to any tyer's bag of tricks.

I've never used CCG, Loon, etc., so I can't compare to those, but 10 seconds of UV light to get what'd take a half hour or more in layered SHAN is fantastic. So far, the consistency seems about right too, thick enough to stay where you put it, but thin enough to self-level.