Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tack Free, Fast Cure, Crystal UV Cure Resin

FS 
51K views 111 replies 63 participants last post by  silvercreek 
#1 · (Edited)
Presidents Day Sale Free Instrument set offer. See offer on pg. 8 for a free instrument set below with purchase. Use code on pg 8.

PM me your private email and I will send you information on how to order. Or email me directly using picaboo(at)charter(dot)net
Substitute @ for (at) and . for (dot) and put resin in the UV subject line.

I sell a basic UV resin kit for the same price as the Clear Cure Goo flashlight costs. It is one bottle of Silvercreek's UV Coat (your choice of Crystal or Flexthin) and the basic flashlight for $30.00. The basic flashlight kit with both UV resins is $45.00.

I have two UV resins, the original Silvercreek's Crystal UV Coat and my new Silvercreek's Flexthin UV Coat.

Both cure fast and tack free. Crystal UV Coat is the consistency of nail polish and it is hard when dry. The Flexthin UV Coat is thinner and is flexible. Both UV Coat resins cure without any tack. They are hard when dry.

Both UV Coats comes in a 15 cc bottle with an applicator brush. They are $15.00 each. They 50% more resin than the 10cc syringe of Clear Cure Goo and the bottle/brush is a better system than a syringe with the applicator tips that cost extra. It is also better than a squeeze bottle or a squeeze tube that others use. The brush system has no waste, and the brush allows you to apply a thick or thin coat of the resin. You can apply a single thin or medium coat or multiply coats to get a single thick coat.

Some resins like Clear Cure Goo cure with residual tackiness and require you to coat them with Sally Hansen's. Both my resins do not. They both will cure tack free.

I have 3 options for UV lights.

I have the multiple led light of CCG at half the cost = $15. This light cures the resin in 20 seconds. This light will eventually begin to take longer to cure the resin. It will still glow but the output decreases over time. It uses AAA batteries. Change them when you find the cure time increasing.

Clear Cure Goo sells their regular flashlight for $35. My $15 light has identical LEDs and batteries as the CCG Light. My light is on the left and the CCG light is on the right.

I have a high power light for $35. CCG sell this light as their Pro Plus Curing Light for $69.95. It cures the resin in less than 10 seconds. The advantage of the high power light is that it uses lithium batteries that last much longer and the beam is brighter. It not only cures faster, it will last longer.

Other than the color, my flashlight is identical to the one below but for $35 instead of $69.95.

The regular flashlight beam is on the left, the high power one is on the right.

The third light is a UV laser that will cure flies in a few seconds. It is for small areas like the thorax of a Copper John or to cure chironomid bodies. Using it for small areas saves the lithium batteries of the larger flashlight. I will add it to any other light for an extra $10. It is $15 if no other light is purchased.

Shipping is $4 to pay for packing materials, handling, and postage for any single item. Add $1 postage for each additional item. For example, the kit with a bottle of resin plus the standard light is $15 + $15 = $30 (the same as for the light alone from CCG) and $5 postage. Add the laser and it is $40 plus $6 postage. If you want the high power light, one bottle of resin, and laser; it is $60 plus $6 postage. If you want the high power light, two bottles of resin, and laser; it is $75 plus $7 postage.

I do not mail outside the USA.

If you are going to tie a lot of these flies I recommend the high power light, the regular light for occasional use, and add the laser if you are going to cure small areas like midges or the thorax on Copper John.

Email me at Picaboo(at)charter(dot)net with Silvercreek's Resin Kit in the subject line and I will tell you how to pay.

Kirk Dietrick test of cure times and tackiness. My Crystal UV Coat is referred to as Crystal UV Resin in the article.

http://onthevise.com/blog/10-clear-coat-durability-test-poppers

Here are some BB"s that discuss my resin during the thread:

http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/forum/index.php?threads/best-non-tacky-resin.92990/

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=74303

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=78123

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=78997

http://tinyurl.com/lgkbu7v

Wisconsin Trout April 2013, pg 23

http://tinyurl.com/cg2ko76

Flies I tied with my resin:

Spoon flies tied by a customer.

Bass Bugs tied by Kirk Dietrick using my Crystal UV Coat/

PM me your private email and I will send you information on how to order.

See less See more
#29 ·
To send a PM, click on the poster's name and then on "start a conversation" to send a PM to that person.

For example, you would click on "silvercreek" on this post and then on "start a conversation" under my name in the pop up window.

#32 ·
I coated a couple foam bass popper heads with it tonight and it provided a very nice finish. It did make the sharpie colors bleed and run a bit, is this normal? What would you recommend for color that wont bleed?

#33 ·
Just as a heads up to people. The resin does act as a solvent for some inks. Hilighter and sharpies on foam will bleed, with the highlighter being picked up by the brush/resin. Not really a big issue, just wanted to let you guys know. I've raided my GF's fingernail polish to color my popper heads and that works just fine with the resin coating.

#34 ·
Just out in the summer 2014 issue of Flyfishing and Tying Journal is an article on Clear Coating Comparison by Kirk Dietrick on pg 48. He reviews several UV coating including Clear Cure Goo Hydro, Deer Creek Thin, Solarez Thin and my Crystal UV Coat. Only Deer Creek and my Crystal UV Coat cured completely with The Clear Cure Goo Pro Lite.

All the UV resins and Liquid Fusion caused some bleeding of the marker colors. This could be prevented by pre coating the marker colors with 2 light coatings of Krylon Crystal Clear indoor/outdoor acrylic clear coating before allying the UV resins or Liquid Fusion.

#37 ·
Purchased the basic kit (light + resin). Good communication, fast turnaround (shipped next day), and everything I ordered was in the package (the exact opposite of my experiences with another web based company that used to sell here often...). The package actually arrived a day before the post office estimate.

I've never been accused of being talented at the vise and was still able to whip out this fly on my first go'round (aka if I can do it anyone can)

#40 ·
I ordered from you a while back and finally found my self tying up flies after signing in off of leave and retunin back to Korea. I love your product it does exactly what it is supposed to do. I use it on very small portions of my flies to covering almost all of it. I may have a dependancey for your resin. I have post my "PIXI MINNOW" on the fly tying section of the forum.

Attachments

#41 ·
Sweet Jesus Almighty! *Finally* a "tack-free" UV cure that actually delivers on what it promises. *Real* squid aren't half as likely to stick together in a maddening clump as any marabou-tie with a resin head made with other "tack-free" cures. This stuff is the real deal. Cures fast and tack free. Hallelujah!

#43 ·
Gone from Sept 16th to Aug 4th?!

That is one loooooong fishing trip. Are you going to come back fo the holidays?
Business must be good to be able to be on vacation for that long. :p

I'm going to pull the trigger on this, but will do so after my trip to MT.

This post has been deleted
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.