Taylor River - North Bend?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by DW, Dec 28, 2001.

1. DW

DW New Member

Does anyone have any information about Taylor River? How's the fishing and where?

Thanks much!!

- DW

2. Chris Scoones

Chris Scoones Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Hi DW,

Taylor's season is June 1 - Oct. 31. I'm guessing your talking about the Middle Fork up Taylor River Road. The M. Fork of the Snoqualmie is open year round.

Haven't hit it recently to give a report except that with the rain from last night it's still a tad high. Might be ok this weekend but that'll depend on the temperature / snow melt.

~Chris

3. guest

guest Guest

Chris. How do the forks fish in the winter. I went out yesterday and did the other type of fishing. Broke my rod after about three casts. I was not a happy camper. I would like to try over there but I'm not going to make that drive for just high water. Jim S. :BIGSMILE

4. Chris Scoones

Media:
    Hi Jim,

Overall the forks fish pretty piss poor during the winter. Occationally you may produce well on a nymph but the hatches during these months are slim to none.

During the summer there are days that would make it worth your drive. During these months I'd suggest hitting your local waters.

If you were doing that "other type" of fishing wouldn't it be a pole? :WINK

Regards,

Chris

5. guest

guest Guest

I guess I didn't make myself very clear. By over there I meant North Bend from Marysville. It takes me about a hour to get there from where I live. Longer if there's traffic. By other type I meant Steelheading. Broke my spinning rod. I do other types of fishing. Not just fly fishing. But I would like to fly fish for them. But no guts. Jim S. :AA

6. DW

DW New Member

Jim,

So....should I give it a shot or what? It's pretty close to me (Kirkland) and figured I'd try it, but if it's a waste of time....I'm not even going to make the drive.

How do you get to the middle fork?

- DW

7. Chris Scoones

Media:
    I had an idea you were on the W side of the slopes but still think an hour is a little out of the way for the forks this time of year.

Sorry to hear about your rod. That sucks.

Reports below the falls (steelhead) have been mixed (gear & fly) and most of what I've heard was around the Fall City bridge. I've been a little busy to get out but will soon. If I see or hear activity picking up I'll be sure to let you know.

Regards,

Chris

8. guest

guest Guest

I will try to give you directions. But like Chris says fishing sucks. Take I-405 to I-90. Take exit 34 and go north to the Lake Dorthy road. There will be a truck stop on your left. (called Seattle East). Go past that and you will find the road. Lake Dorthy. Turn right and just follow that road. The river will be on your left and after a few miles you will cross it and then it's on your right. The road goes along way. It's good road up to the Taylor River. From there it's like a goat trail. No place for a car. I took my Suburu up there last year and lost two hub caps. I didn't know they were off until I got home. Very rough road. Jim S. :HMMM