Teardrop Trailer

Discussion in 'Camping, Hiking, Cooking' started by Mike (Doc) LaCombe, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,355 / 9
    Nice work Mike, great hatch back, slide out stove table and very good interior finishing. You should be spending a lot of nights between fishing outings in that baby. What does the misses think?
  2. Mike (Doc) LaCombe Member

Port Orchard, WA
    Ratings: +11 / 0
    Ed the wife says no potty, no go. :} Jerry this may be the web site you are refering to. You can find my build thread under "fishfinder" http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/ This is a best site I ever found for TD builds and information.

Mike
  3. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +658 / 5
    Yup, that's it. It's the sister site to camp cook and tearjerkers.
  4. Robert Engleheart Robert

Lemoore, CA
    Ratings: +112 / 0
    Mike,
    Is the construction plywood? Looks like maybe rigid foam sandwich?
  5. Rob Ast Active Member

West Pugetopolis WA
    Ratings: +229 / 3
    Mike, did you think about raising the mattress off the floor? Seems like it might give better insulation as well as provide a storage area.
  6. Mike (Doc) LaCombe Member

Port Orchard, WA
    Let's see. Yes it is built out of plywood. The floor is 1/2 inch plywood. The right and left sides are 3/4" A/C plywood. The front and top is a sandwich constrution. Luan + 1x2" spars + luan. The spars are spaced 10" apart. Foam insulation is placed between each spar.

The underside of the floor is covered with asphalt paint to act as an undercoating. I placed a indoor/outdoor carpet on the floor below the matress. I had considered a raised platform and dismissed it. Instead I built a 12x12x5' box to hold some of my gear.

Any builder could design their TD to their own specs
  7. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Ratings: +563 / 0
    How wide is it Mike? Four feet? or a little more. 8 feet length also? Nice job.
  8. Robert Engleheart Robert

Lemoore, CA
    Ratings: +112 / 0
    That is some very nice work; love the Galley, sliding stove set-up. Serious Fish Bum set-up!
  9. Mike (Doc) LaCombe Member

Port Orchard, WA
    4 x 8 in order to use standard materials.
  10. Mark Walker Active Member

So. Cal.
    Ratings: +221 / 1