NFR Teddy Roosevelt award winner goes too....

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Trustfunder, May 8, 2013.

1. Trustfunder Active Member

rock creek
    Ratings: +71 / 0
    The president of the preservation of the N. Yellowstone elk herd out of Gardner MT.

This guy is brilliant and knows how to work all you greenies... Get this, he gathers up 30 sheep and lets the wolves kill a dozen or so on his land, stockpiles the dead on a corner of his ranch, MTFWP issues him 2 permits to kill on site and he's shot one wolf so far.

The anti's are up in arms... now they know how I've felt for 15 years. Give this guy a keg of beer!
    speyfisher and Alex MacDonald like this.
  2. Flyborg Active Member

Kalama, WA
    Ratings: +597 / 0
    Yes but could he do this:

[IMG]
    Evan Burck, Ed Call and orangeradish like this.
  3. Trustfunder Active Member

rock creek
    He took her sister but with a tracking collar on... lol.
  4. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,653 / 0
    It's the Sheep that the Wolves kill a bunch of. It was a couple of years ago that a pack of Wolves killed about 100 Sheep in one herd in a night here in Montana. They kill Sheep just for the fun of it.
  5. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +879 / 0
    wolves, politicians and snakes....
  6. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1,747 / 0
    Sorry but you lost me at the name calling....................I quit reading half way thru your 2nd line. What did you say?
    constructeur, Flyborg and Kent Lufkin like this.
  7. Tim Cottage Formerly tbc1415

Outer Duvall
    Ratings: +243 / 1
    Help me out here. I'm trying to figure out the brilliant part but haven't quite been able to put my finger on it.

TC
  8. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    Ratings: +1,225 / 0
    Trustfunder just earned the top spot on my Ignore list.

K
    JS and Eyejuggler like this.
  9. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,561 / 0
    Like I've always said... I'm against the reintroduction of wolves because man will kill them (again) so there's no point.

I bet the planet would get along just fine if no humans lived here.

Is this yet another wolf thread??? Must be some manner of reoccurring symptom of obsession.
    Steve Vaughn and Bill Aubrey like this.
  10. Richard Olmstead BigDog

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +786 / 0
    I'd like to know more about this "Teddy Roosevelt Award." A quick google search shows that there are a few such named awards, and all seem to be to established to promote conservation of the natural world and/or sportsmanship (e.g., the NCAA TR award).

This guy makes a mockery of anything Teddy Roosevelt stood for!

D

PS, When I lived in Wyoming and Idaho, "trustfunder" was a term of derision by the large majority of folks who actually had to work for a living. They rarely found acceptance in the local communities on any side of the social or political divide.
    Alex MacDonald and Bill Aubrey like this.
  11. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,561 / 0
    Yup.
    Bill Aubrey likes this.
  12. bitterroot Love vintage graphite!

Montana
    Ratings: +213 / 1
  13. Flyborg Active Member

Kalama, WA
    Ratings: +597 / 0
    I stopped taking them seriously about the time a concerned mother from Montana joined the board just to tell us that her kids had to attend school in a cage due to the wolf threat. This is about how I imagine the progenitors of these threads spend their days:

[IMG]
  14. Trustfunder Active Member

rock creek
    What you don't get the point? Some guy who hates greenies said I can solve the issue by baiting wolves to a herd of sheep on his land and get's issued a couple of tags to kill the wolves. Sorry to hear you will be less a few wolves in your land that's envisioned out of a cubicle. He figured out shit a lawyer would take 20 years to do.

Hate to break the glass house but.... Kerry your dog needs a haircut, Lufkin you're an expert reading a book.. leave it at that, flybug you need professional help beyond what this site may provide.

God bless OUR veterans that allow us this freedom!
  15. Trustfunder Active Member

rock creek
    And for you guy's who don't read Teddy Roosevelt was an ELK HUNTER
  16. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +511 / 0
    Never mind!
  17. wadin' boot Donny, you're out of your element...

Wallingford, WA
    Ratings: +1,555 / 0
    [IMG]

Sounds like your hero sheep herder is not the brightest businessman.

My point being the sheep rancher could have made a shit-ton more money having those cubicle loving greenies with shag-headed dogs and kids- in the military I might add- come out to his ranch and check out the wolves in a recreational setting than he's ever gonna get with wool or lamb demands. When was the last time I put on a Montana wool sweater or ate Montana lamb? Oh yeah...never...(and I am not proud of that, but hey with the Aussie dollar falling and Australian wool prices likely to fall too and demand for US domestic wool moderate at best....(source Greeley, CO Fri May 3, 2013 USDA- CO Dept of Ag Market National Wool Review) what's a guy with lambing livestock gonna do? Oh I know, corral them in a corner paddock and let the wolves get 'em. Presumably they're insured right?

In psychology that might be termed a displacement reaction...

When was the last time I marveled at some stupid Costco recycled plastic fleece shirt for $15 dollars that doesn't smell like ass when it gets wet and doesn't shrink when you throw it in hot water? Hmm I'm wearing a fleece where-the-wild-things-are jumpsuit right now, chuckling (again) at Flyborg's graphics...

Times change, you move on or you don't. There's no sense bragging about not being able to move on...
  18. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,356 / 9
    Holy smokes this one went south in a hurry. Y'all mind your manners or this one will get vaporized. 'Borg...where do you find these photos. Some are awesome, others disturbing. Another swing and miss at a conversation generating thread about wolves.

Suggestion: If you want to discuss wolves, why not do so factually based and don't come out of the gate with some vitriolic bullshit. The thread may have a howling chance. Otherwise, I foresee a silver bullet coming from a moderator or two.
  19. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,356 / 9
    Let's forever refer to this one as the rack and crack wolf pack.
  20. Derek Young 2011 Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide Of The Year

Snoqualmie, WA
    Ratings: +844 / 1
    Nice beaver.