NFR Tenkara

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by bitterroot, Mar 30, 2012.

1. bitterroot

bitterroot Love vintage graphite!

Tenkara, tenkara, tenkara...tenkara, tenkara...tenkara, tenkara, tenkara, tenkara, tenkara, tenkara.

Sorry, but it's Friday night, it's pouring rain, blowing like hell and I just needed to have several drinks.

2. triploidjunkie

triploidjunkie Active Member

Damnit!!! Got me! Now I have an excuse to get sloshed(as if Friday isn't enough)

3. Rob Ast

Rob Ast Active Member

Mmmmm, tenkara

4. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Active Member

Allen, Allen, Allen, Allen, Allen............................!

5. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Rain, what's that. It's been in the high 50's today and supposed to be warmer tomorrow. It's been raining in the mountains and it's melting what snow is up there. Should be an early spring run off this year.

6. bitterroot

bitterroot Love vintage graphite!

That's not Allen...that's Steve.

Steve, Steve...Steve, Steve, Steve...

7. wadin' boot

wadin' boot Donny, you're out of your element...

There is an old saying from the old land where the old people fish with ancient gear, passed from one hand to another in great and sacred old-skool ceremony:

"In the land of the one-armed... Tenkara fisherman is King...."

triploidjunkie likes this.
  8. Steve Call

Steve Call Active Member

9. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

I will not be baited into this game...for about three more hours or so.

10. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

It sure is funny that the Japanese took credit for something that all the kids did fishing growing up. A cane pole and a piece of string with a hook on the end. And you had to stick a worm on the hook. Worked all the time. No need for a fancy fishing rod.

11. Chad Lewis

Chad Lewis NEVER wonder what to do with your free time

Damnit! Fool that I am to spend all that money on expensive fly fishing gear!

Having said that, I want a tenkara rod too.

12. Olive bugger

Olive bugger Active Member

Chad, are those sunglasses in your avatar, polaroid?

13. Chad Lewis

Chad Lewis NEVER wonder what to do with your free time

Dude, I spilled my beer laughing!

14. Olive bugger

Olive bugger Active Member

So I owe you a brew. I good for it. :D

15. Ed Call

I'm catching up on the Tenkara madness. Yes, I said Tenkara madness. Old Man, Tenkara was the source of our cane poles, cane poles did not spawn Tenkara. That ought to get me all caught up with the Tenkara thread for now. Time to reload the fridge.

16. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

I had to check the timeframe here, Mumbles; you're off the hook! And I don't need to use the "T" word since I've been working on the Courvoisier since about 1500 or so. But Gentlemen; I will honor your madness by indulging in a cigar!

"A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke" Sir Winston Churchill

17. Ed Call

A Tenkara cigar deserves a Tenkara refreshment.

18. Jordan Simpson

Jordan Simpson Active Member

We need to make shirts that only other WFF members would understand and get a good chuckle out of. To get hammed/smashed/gooned/whatever could become the word "Tenkara". Then we just print shirts that say "I got tenkara'd " and and other WFF people would be able to recognize eachother!

19. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I have met quite a few of you people. I'm sure I don't need a shirt to recognize what I don't want to see. Especially with that "T" letter on it.

20. Krusty

Krusty Active Member

Yup, and it was FREE too....don't forget that!