terrestrial swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by mike doughty, May 19, 2009.

1. mike doughty

mike doughty Honorary Member

it does not matter. if you fish terrestrials then just tie a pattern that's affective for you. otherwise any beetle, cicada, hopper, cricket, ant, etc. will do.

2. bouface

bouface Member

Or a termite. I'm hoping someone will throw in a nice termite pattern for the swap!

3. mike doughty

alright this swap is closed. even though there is not a big hurry to meet the deadline. the quicker i get them the sooner they go out and see water. when you are ready to ship them let me know and i will pm my address.

4. im in ill either tie a bettle or a termite

5. accually guys hows this? i got the pattern from a past swap.

6. ozcast

ozcast Member

looks more like a caddis then a "land based insect", anyway, Ill tie a "Peacock Madam X on crack"

7. well its the dark and ugly without the crazy legs that sean k i think tied in the yakima swap. i still have some adjustments to it like the bullet head and the crazy legs

8. Casey Weed

Casey Weed Greenhorn

Well here is my first attempt. As i said before, I am new to tying and this pattern has proven more difficult than I thought. Your critiques are welcome. I'm thinking I need more dubbing under the post, and the wing needs to be down closer to the body (although I don't think a fish will notice that with it's view from the bottom)

9. bouface

bouface Member

Looks pretty good! I agree that you should add more dubbing, esp. around the post, to create a more tapered head. Also, I'd wrap the parachute hackle closer to the body so it floats higher.

10. so am i in or not?

11. mike doughty

yes you are. you are on the list of players on the first page

12. alright ill tie a stimulator

13. western

western New Member

The Parachute Ant's are ready to ship. Address please.

14. heres my pattern. ill do my hackle at top better though

15. Connor H

Connor H Bobbers n Beadz

Hey guys, I was just thinkin'... I just tied some tube hoppers and realized that the quality just isn't there. Would anyone care if I switched my pattern to a drunken humpy? I could also throw in a BH drowned hopper for those that would want it...

16. mike doughty

doesn't matter if you switch as long as it qualifies as a terrestrial

17. mike doughty

just got westerns real nicely tied parachute ants. great work!

18. Connor H

Connor H Bobbers n Beadz

Would a Drunken' Humpy count? jw

19. mike doughty

no clue what that is

20. Connor H

Connor H Bobbers n Beadz

Really Mike? I thought these were a staple everywhere large browns are caught?!?!