TFO 10' steelhead rod

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by ZugBug, Feb 4, 2006.

1. ZugBug

ZugBug Member

Media:
    I see TFO has the Professional in a 10' 8wt 4 pc. Anybody have or tried one? Like it? Love it? Thanks!

2. Jason Decker

Jason Decker Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    go talk to Ron at AATF

3. Porter

Porter Active Member

10' vs 9' has always been somewhat of an debate. To each his own...the only thing I would say is "Yes the majority of 10' rods cast great and have better mending abilities ...but I can cast a 9' for a longer period of time and with much less fatigue"....when on a multi day trip and high hour fishing trip a 9' will win my day, body, and head as I lay down and rest my head on that gravel pillow. Different strokes for different folks....good luck :)

4. Jim Kerr

Jim Kerr Active Member

Media:
    I've got a 9.5 foot tfo #8 and I like it OK. I've only fished it about 6 times, one foot of one the snake guides came off at the wrap the first time I fished it, I have not repaired it, just glued it back down. If you want it I'll trade a good long belly #8 weight floating line(used is ok) or 50.00 bucks for it. I had the 10 foot #7, really didn't like it, I would DEFINITLY cast before you buy. Good luck
    Jim

5. Dick Warnke

Dick Warnke was Pram-Man

Kind of funny to see this post as I just got back from spending about 1-1/2 hrs at Browns Point trying out my new 7 wt. 10 ft. TFO Pro. I have an Orvis Battenkill Mid-Arbor on it with a Rio Outbound. This is the first time I,ve fished it. IMHO I thought it performed very well and I am very happy with it. Bought the whole outfit mainley for beach fishing, but am going to get anouther spool for a floating line suggested by Clark a PS Fly Co. and use it for summer runs. Oh yeah....fish report. nothing happening!!!

6. Flyfishsteel

Flyfishsteel New Member

TFO Pro is too med action for me. Now if they made the Ticr & Ticr X in a 9'6" or 10', they would be the Perfect Steelhead rod imo for the money.

The Ticr & Ticr X throw sinks tips alot better than the standard Pro.

Good luck!

7. ZugBug

ZugBug Member

Media:
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I called AATF the other day but they didn't have one in to test drive. My bud has a Ticr 9' and it is sweet, but I will have to try the Pro myself. Thanks again!

8. Les Johnson

Les Johnson Les Johnson

I have a new TFO 10-foot, 7-weight Professional Series rod and look forward to using it for summer steelhead and coho in rivers -- and along the beaches. When casting the new 10-footer I didn't find an problems with the line speed I can reach with it. The action seems plenty fast enough. It turns a WF7F SA Steelhead Taper or Rio Salmon/Steelhead Taper over easily in a nice, tight loop. I'm sure that it is going to be an enjoyable rod to use.
    Good Fishing,
    Les Johnson

9. agent montana

agent montana This Must be a sickness!! MARINATE!!!

Media:
    I have this rod..If you one to cast one send me a PM and I will send it up to AATF for you to throw some line...Just send me a PM...:cool: