TFO Jim Teeny 8wt

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Wade Peterson, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Wade Peterson New Member

Burien Wa
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    This is my first post here so I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question. A few years ago I bought a TFO Jim Teeny 8 wt fly rod. I've always liked it! Never really put a lot of thought into the rod until I started to nerd out on fly gear more recently. Does anyone else have this rod? Just looking for opinions and a little banter. I like TFO and am on my third one with my Deer Creek 6wt switch rod. Just curious about the JimTeeny model. It doesn't seem like it had a long run....
  2. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,657 / 0
    I have two TFO rods and they both serve my purposes very nice. I imagine that your Jim Teeny rod will serve you nice also.
    Grayone likes this.
  3. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    Ratings: +1,264 / 0
    That rod only casts Teeny nymphs.
    Bill Aubrey likes this.
  4. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +513 / 0
    of course this after you have thrown a rock or two? :p
  5. JE Active Member

Great NW
    Ratings: +58 / 0
    If you can spot 'em, you got 'em!!
  6. Steve Saville Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +315 / 1
    The Jim Teeny rod is still alive and well. I have a 5 wt., 8 wt., and two 9 wts. They are excellent blanks with average components, unfotunately. Jim Teeny took back his sgnature rods a while back. They are still built by TFO and you can buy them at Sportsman's Warehouse @ $199. I think the early ones were a charcoal blank, perhaps but the are a green blank, now. They cast very well. I bought mine as backups but they get more and more use, especially the 5 wt. It's a really good sea run cutthroat rod with an intermediate or floating line and all rods from 4 thru 12 come with a fihhting butt. Well worth the price.