TFO Jim Teeny 8wt

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Wade Peterson, Mar 14, 2014.

1. This is my first post here so I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question. A few years ago I bought a TFO Jim Teeny 8 wt fly rod. I've always liked it! Never really put a lot of thought into the rod until I started to nerd out on fly gear more recently. Does anyone else have this rod? Just looking for opinions and a little banter. I like TFO and am on my third one with my Deer Creek 6wt switch rod. Just curious about the JimTeeny model. It doesn't seem like it had a long run....

2. I have two TFO rods and they both serve my purposes very nice. I imagine that your Jim Teeny rod will serve you nice also.

Grayone likes this.
  3. That rod only casts Teeny nymphs.

Bill Aubrey likes this.
  4. of course this after you have thrown a rock or two? :p

5. If you can spot 'em, you got 'em!!

6. The Jim Teeny rod is still alive and well. I have a 5 wt., 8 wt., and two 9 wts. They are excellent blanks with average components, unfotunately. Jim Teeny took back his sgnature rods a while back. They are still built by TFO and you can buy them at Sportsman's Warehouse @ $199. I think the early ones were a charcoal blank, perhaps but the are a green blank, now. They cast very well. I bought mine as backups but they get more and more use, especially the 5 wt. It's a really good sea run cutthroat rod with an intermediate or floating line and all rods from 4 thru 12 come with a fihhting butt. Well worth the price.