The Blackfoot is Closed

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Kyle Smith, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Kyle Smith

Kyle Smith Active Member

2. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

But the Jefferson is now open again.

3. Kyle Smith

Kyle Smith Active Member

What a weird summer.

4. ScottP

ScottP Active Member

The tube hatch must have pushed the water temps too high.

Regards,
    Scott

5. Jim Speaker

Jim Speaker Active Member

As is the Bitterroot.

I hope the Big Hole opens up before I get out there in the last week of September.

6. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Well the last three day have been like Washington State weather. Rain, rain and more rain. But the temps have managed to get back into the mid 80's. At least here when it rains it pours but the rivers don't run over their banks.

By the end of September it will probably be snowing here. All the river will be open then.

7. ScottP

ScottP Active Member

except in Bannack

[​IMG]

8. Greg Armstrong

Greg Armstrong Active Member

Good spot for a Brown in that little seam right in the middle of that picture.

freestoneangler likes this.
  9. Jim Speaker

Jim Speaker Active Member

Hey, shshhhh on the snow thing! Jeesh

10. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I tried to get some pictures on the damage but I kept getting nothing much. They are supposed to have it all cleaned up by now. It was caused by a heavy rain and it came down through Hangman's Gulch.

Everybody kept saying it came through Dillon. But to get to there from Dillon you have to go over a 6500' pass. Not hardly.

11. ScottP

ScottP Active Member

I heard it came within 10 feet of the top of Badger Pass; you just missed it ;)
    By the way, I hope they were able to get things back in order at Bannack. We were there this April and got to talk to Tom Lowe, the caretaker, a lot; a real nice guy who cares a lot about the town.

Regards,
    Scott

12. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

The ghosts of Henry Plummer's gang who paid their price to X. Biedler & the vigilantes in the gulch must have tried to exact revenge . . .

13. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

We were in Dillon the day that happened...driving back with our guide from the Big Hole. It rain/hailed so friggin hard that he had to pull over on I-90...only creeping along the shoulder trying to get to the overpass for protection. I watched what looked to be 2 inches of water flowing on the interstate...pretty amazing storm cell and so glad we managed to avoid it while out on the river...it was heading where we had just left.

14. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

My front yard looked like a lake. I had about 2" of water where there usually isn't any. But after it stopped It cleared up in nothing flat. All my grass turned green after that. But my rhubarb was wasted. In fact it never recovered.