The cost of fishing just went up again

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by IveofIone, May 22, 2013.

1. Benjy Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +57 / 0
    My friend tows a drift boat all the time with his TDI wagon. He says that he gets 32 MPG while towing and hardly notices the boat. Lots of torque. I was seriously considering buying one. I'm giving Toyota 2 more years to bring the Hilux to our market or put the Diesel engine in the Tacoma.
  2. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,233 / 9
    Life rich, money poor.
    Old Man, IveofIone and Flyborg like this.
  3. DimeBrite MA-9 Beach Stalker

Marine Area 9
    Ratings: +258 / 0
    Only the worst kind of liberal would take that on a fishing trip. Real fly fishermen drive Hemis!

dryflylarry likes this.
  4. Flyborg Active Member

Kalama, WA
    Ratings: +582 / 0
    I actually had a 2000 focus hatchback that was my main fishing rig for almost a decade. Put over 200k miles on it with only a few oil changes. The body kind of fell to pieces but that engine just wouldn't give up.
  5. 2506 Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    yup, sold my F250 and bought a Hyundai. I'm getting about 4 times the gas mileage. My only gripe is I can't sleep in the back.
  6. IveofIone Active Member

Ratings: +884 / 0
    I think DimBrite was just trying to be funny with his liberal comment. But if not and he really sees the world in terms of liberals and conservatives then he really doesn't see the world.

I traded in my Focus last year for a rig I could sleep in but it was flawless for the 7 years I owned it. It just devoured mountain roads, switchbacks and high speed turns. Handling was just superb and the new ones are far better.

And by the way-I am a real fly fisherman and have been since I caught my first trout on a fly on July 28, 1951.

Ive
  7. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,233 / 9
    A trip to Ione will hurt my gas guzzling wallet. Once I arrive I will let Ive do the rest of the driving! Sounds like a plan to me!