NFR The definition of Hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by jsuyes, Mar 28, 2013.

1. jsuyes FFF-CCI

Kent, Wa
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    This car has been outside of my apartment for a few days leaking mass amounts of oil. For a while they had cat litter containing the spill but I guess that's gone. What really gets me is the license plate frame of the car. (Don't worry I called it in to the proper authorities.)

photo1.JPG

photo2.JPG
  2. constructeur Active Member

Seattle, Wa
    Ratings: +410 / 0
    Have you tried to contact the owner of the car and the property manager to work out a solution for this?

Also, it's quite likely that the property you live at has an oil/water seperator just above where the drain line goes into the public system. Something like this:
    [IMG]

and are cleaned out from time to time. They're not a perfect solution, but the situation probably isn't as dire as you think.
  3. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,593 / 0
    Yup, one heck of a leak -- maybe if the car was parked horizontal instead of vertical it wouldn't leak as bad :)

Seriously, that is a bad deal because that is a storm drain so it most likely leads to a river somewhere.
    Islander likes this.
  4. Jason Rolfe Wanderer

the beach
    Ratings: +373 / 0
    You know what really gets my goat--the expired tabs!
    Richard Torres likes this.
  5. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    Ratings: +1,225 / 0
    Ever seen the repair costs on anything Benz? My neighbor has a 2009 and told me his 50K maintenance (oil change, filters, plugs, etc.) cost him well over $1.5K (for whatever reason, it was off warranty). He calls it "Hitler's Revenge."

K
    Porter and Lugan like this.
  6. ribka Active Member

E WA
    Ratings: +164 / 0
    I would cut this eco-warrior guy or gal slack as the spill is rainbow colored:)
    Bill Aubrey and jsuyes like this.
  7. jsuyes FFF-CCI

Kent, Wa
    I contacted the apartment manager and the city. I have no idea who owns the car or I would have contacted them as well. The city's response was surprisingly fast. I guess they really do care about the Sound. The guy from the city said that he believes that the parking deck has a system similar to the one you mentioned above. I'm happy to report the car was moved and the oil has been cleaned up.
  8. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    D'ya think that was example of our tax dollars at work? Or did the owner get a fat bill?

K
  9. Patrick Gould Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +688 / 1
    If it was from a boat the owner would get a fat bill. Partially for the spill and partially for not reporting it.
  10. jsuyes FFF-CCI

Kent, Wa
    Im thinking Tax Dollars.
  11. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    As well he should. (My earlier post was a lame attempt at sarcasm.)

However, as if we needed a reminder that there's a difference between a judgement and a collection, there was a recent story in the Times about the asshat who towed that scow up to Penn Cove last year and set it on fire before scuttling it. Cost the state more than $1MM to refloat it and tow it away. They sent to bill to the owner who promptly declared bankruptcy. Guess he has a history of doing that sort of thing. So for now, we're all collectively on the hook for the cost of salvaging the end result of his bad judgement.

K
  12. orangeradish Bobo approved

Capital City
    Ratings: +484 / 0
    He sketched that on a cocktail napkin just now...
    Steve Vaughn likes this.