NFR The easiest BIG decision I will ever make.

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Codioos, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Codioos

Codioos Active Member

It's time. I have decided to pull the trigger and propose to my girlfriend. She makes me a better man and I see a strong future with her in my life. Pushing me forward to make a better life and sculpting me into a man I want to become. End of the bachelor era.

It takes a lot to make me weak in the knee's, but I was having a hard time when I asked her dad for his blessing. And just to make it easier on me he took me outside to smoke a cigar and drink fine whiskey. I'll be lucky if I can ask her in one fluid sentance.

Planning on doing it Christmas day when both of our families are together hanging out and playing games. My only regret is I can only afford a cheaper ring because of all the medical bills as of recent motorcycle accident.

Not trying to brag or bring attention to myself, just trying to get ready for an easier delivery. Thank you for reading and letting me vent.

2. Mark Mercer

Mark Mercer Member

Media:
    Good for you, and best of luck.....Does she fish???

Codioos likes this.
  3. Patrick Gould

Patrick Gould Active Member

Media:
    ditto, but also does she mind if you you fish?

Codioos likes this.
  4. Jeff Sawyer

Jeff Sawyer Active Member

Media:
    Congrats and good luck!

If you've got balls enough to ask her Dad the rest should be easy. Rumor has it my Daughter's bf is working up the nerve to ask me for my blessings...If you have a daughter one day you'll understand, no man is ever good enough for your little girl, until one comes along, that might be. If her Dad broke out the Whiskey and cigars you're probably a pretty descent fellow. I wouldn't worry about the size of the ring, most women care more about the size of a guys heart (thank god I didn't make a typo there).

Take a deep breath and soak every minute of it in...and take notes of what shes wearing, what you have for dinner, every little detail you can remember about the proposal. When she's pissed at you in the future...you can use those details to get out of trouble.

5. hydrological

hydrological beads are NOT flies and snagging is just ghetto

saltwater or freshwater honeymoon ?

Codioos likes this.
  6. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Media:
    Good for you and congratulations! It's nice to read that she makes a better man of you, but are you also man enough to make a better woman of her? Life's a two-way street you know. Don't worry about the ring. When she makes you a better man she will let you buy her another, larger edition.

Olive bugger likes this.
  7. dryflylarry

dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Media:
    Yeah, to heck what these other guys call "Hall Passes"!!! Good grief! Ha! Anyway, I wish you the best.

8. skyrise

skyrise Active Member

Good for you congratulations. May you both have a Blessed wedding and marriage.

9. Codioos

Codioos Active Member

Haha, thanks guys.
    Out fished me the first day I took her to a remote lake. Win.

Great point. This is why I do homework before I take the test. Thank you for the cheat sheet.

Not at all. A very understanding woman. Just confused why I fish in the winter time.

One of the first things her dad said after I asked him was: How long had I thought about it, and that we really do compliment one-another. I am strong where she is weak and visa-versa.

Hopefully somewhere warm...SALT.

10. saffman

saffman Member

All the best Codioos! We started off beyond poverty stricken for the first several years and my wife's ring was practically invisible. She'll love whatever it is as it came from you and accompanied your heart and life. We are coming up on 32 years now and have been more than blessed in so many ways. May you have the same. By the way she got a "replacement" ring in Kauai on our 28th that was a much better "fit"!

11. dfl

dfl Active Member

Copy all the advice and good wishes BUT can she row a boat?

12. Lugan

Lugan Joe Streamer

Congrats.

Now that you are about to become head of a family, take it easy on the motorcycles and other risky stuff like that, OK? And when you announce that your wife is expecting in a year or three, I'll remind you of this x10. Welcome to the world of ultimate personal responsibility.

Alex MacDonald likes this.
  13. wadin' boot

wadin' boot Donny, you're out of your element...

Home Page:
    Go for it, don't get too much egg nogg down before hand, cream slows down gastric emptying and raises the chances of projectile vomiting

Codioos, tythetier and Steve Call like this.
  14. jeff bandy

jeff bandy Make my day

Media:
    Congratulations. I have some advice for you.(as is customary)

1. Never fight when you mad. Calm down, then wait for her to calm down. Then talk about it rationally.

2. The two most important words you can say are NOT "I do" or "Love you" or even "I'm sorry" they are "Yes dear".

3. Remember, happy wife = happy life

Been married 17+ years and we have never raised voice at each other.

15. rwbailey05

rwbailey05 GO COUGS

Media:
    Congrats! I know how you felt when you asked her dad... first time i went to ask her dad i bailed and just had a great conversation with him. Took one of my buddies getting after me the next day to actually pull the trigger. My wife is a farmers daughter, i woke up at 330am before Dad went out to start work and asked him in the middle of the morning. Makes for a good story now!

The size of the ring will not matter, she will love it no matter what! Dont sweat the small stuff, im new in the marriage game (18 Months) but i know that she loves me more for what i do for her then for what i buy for her!

Congratulations again

David Dalan and Blake Harmon like this.
  16. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

I've been married 39 years. Take a close look at her mother because as time goes by, you're going to end up with a clone. May the Force be with you... because it will be. You'll find that your wife is always correct even when she isn't. It takes a little adjusting to accept that fact.

I was fortunate enough to marry my best friend. She has the same warped sense of humor and love of the outdoors.

I wish you both to Live Long and Prosper.

17. Olive bugger

Olive bugger Active Member

Congratulations to you both, and may you have a long and prosperous life together with much joy and happiness.

18. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    It's not the size of the ring. It's the meaning behind it. Me and my Wife have been together for 38 or 39 years now.(second wife). Plain gold bands worked for me and we are still wearing the same.

19. Andrew Lawrence

Andrew Lawrence Active Member

Good for you man! When I went to ask my wife's Father for his blessing, I got myself so worked up that after pulling into his neighborhood, I drove past his house and continued down the street to the coldasack. After turning around, I drove back up the street and parked in front of his place. While walking to the front door, I was so damn nervous that I almost jumped out of my skin. To say the least, I was more than a little surprised when after having knocked on the door some man whom I had never seen before in my life answered. As it turns out, I had stopped at the wrong house. His place was 3 houses up the street. Well...things were a hell of a lot easier after that.

Codioos and GAT like this.
  20. Steve Call

Steve Call Active Member

Lot of good advice here!

Congratulations, good luck, and much happiness.