NFR The easiest BIG decision I will ever make.

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Codioos, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Krusty

Krusty Krusty Old Effer

Well, Ol krusty's got almost 50 years of marriage to a saint of a woman. Hope ya got a good one, son. It makes all the difference. Have a wonderful life together!

2. TexBC

TexBC Fly Addict

Agreed - my wife's father had passed away before I had the chance to ask him, so instead I asked her brother if he would give me his blessing on behalf of their family. He looked at me like I was an idiot and said, "Of course - did you really think you needed to ask?!?" lol

We still laugh about it more than a couple years later. :)

Alex MacDonald and Codioos like this.
  3. IveofIone

IveofIone Active Member

Best wishes to you on your engagement. If you have done this right, marriage will probably be the most fun you could ever have. We are in our 46th year and it has never been better. I could spend 100 years with Susie and at the end beg for just an hour more.

Unlike you however we eloped and notified the family later. I didn't even meet my in-laws for three years! My father-in-law was a smoker and I told him he could come but would never be allowed to smoke in my house. That pissed him off and he said I was unhospitable. I said that was fine by me because I had heard that in-laws were nothing but trouble anyway. Eventually he came and smoked in his car but was a really great guy. We liked each other and got along great, he thought I had done well by his daughter.

The greatest gift you can give your wife is to take care of yourself. Try to reach old age in good health, mentally alert, active and most important of all-happy. You have a lifetime to prepare so start early and get there in style.

Enjoy it all.

Ive

Upton O and wadin' boot like this.
  4. Steve Call

Steve Call Active Member

Very wise words!

5. Codioos

Codioos Active Member

This is all great, guys. Thank you for the inspirational words and well recieved insight.

I know this is just the start of an adventure that I have never been on before. As each day approaches I feel more and more right about it. In fact, since I made up my mind to ask her I have felt even more close to her and I have to calm myself from exploding it out and ruining the whole thing. I can keep a good secret, but holy smokes this is tough. And thats not including hiding it from my immediate family.

I keep getting asked if I'm nervous. I'm not. Well not yet anyways. What I feel is more-over a calming sensation that makes me feel at ease. I always thought I'd be a nervous wreck when this moment came. All gittery and stuff, but I feel so collected. It's a very reassuring feeling; but I shouldn't be that supprised because she is an amazing woman that keeps me calm. That and shes smokin' hot.

But don't let me fool you. I'm probably gonna loose it when the time comes. Thank God there will be whiskey there. It's medicinal you know.

Crap, just writing this made me nervous.

6. wa_desert_rat

wa_desert_rat Active Member

Home Page:
    Some years back my wife told me that she thought that, after about twenty years of married life, all husbands were more-or-less interchangeable. She said that a gal could go home with the wrong one and not notice it for a few days or maybe a week or so. Something might catch her attention... like picking up underwear or rinsing the dishes or doing his own laundry... something seriously dramatic.

I was a skeptic until we walked into a mall. She pointed at the fountain and all the middle-aged men sitting around on benches. "See those guys?" she asked me. "They're the ones that have been brought back."

Craig

Steve Call and Krusty like this.
  7. Krusty

Krusty Krusty Old Effer

No wonder the Old Lady keeps tryin to lose me at the mall.

8. wa_desert_rat

wa_desert_rat Active Member

Home Page:
    They are quick, aren't they? The powered wheelchair I had to use before my knee surgery was the only thing I found fast enough to keep up with mine. That thing will do 7mph!!! I could clear aisle six in nothing flat leaving a trail of wide-eyed shoppers in my wake with that thing. Those wimpy store scooters aren't fast enough and don't have any stamina.

If you aren't using a powered transport of some sort in the mall the only choice left to you is a GPS tracking device.

Or just move the car and wait for her to call ya. :D

Whatever you do, DON'T wait at the central fountain.

Craig

9. Krusty

Krusty Krusty Old Effer

Maybe I oughtta start thinkin about puttin the seat back down, trimmin my nose hair, and combing the chicken bones and gnats outta my beard. The next old lady that claims me at the mall might not be as reasonable bout my flyfishin. Better double up on the Hoppe's No. 9 I been usin fer cologne too.

10. Spencer Woods

Spencer Woods Member

Media:
    What kind of rods and reels do you have? I expect to see them in the classifieds here soon :)

Only kidding! Congratulations, brother! That's pretty exciting. Should go down as a memorable Holiday! Cheers and good luck!

11. Codioos

Codioos Active Member

I was a nervous wreck but she said YES! Her mom is already planning the wedding. Fastening my seatbelt.

12. Codioos

Codioos Active Member

I think I'm gonna do a fly fishing bachelor party. The question is where and when...

ganglyangler likes this.
  13. Steve Call

Steve Call Active Member

congratulations!

14. wadin' boot

wadin' boot Donny, you're out of your element...

Home Page:
    Woulda been her loss if she said no...Congratulations!

15. Big E

Big E Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    It's not too late to back out. :eek:

Seriously though, congratulations and welcome to the world of kitchen passes.

constructeur likes this.
  16. Bruce Baker

Bruce Baker Active Member

Congratulations!! Was she completely surprised?

17. Mike Ediger

Mike Ediger Active Member

Media:
    Congrats Codioos!

18. Codioos

Codioos Active Member

Oh yeah, I got her good. Along with the rest of our families. I had it set up so there was a decoy present hidden and I told her to go check it out. As she opened it and found a necklace I moved in behind her and went down on one knee. I took the advice and got it all on video. .

19. Kenneth Yong

Kenneth Yong Member

Media:
    Cody, Heartiest congratulations! So where's the honeymoon going to be? Somewhere in Europe, perhaps? Like Italy :) ?

Regards,
    Kenneth

20. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

Mods (run) may have (run run) deleted my (run to Rio) earlier (run fast run) post of warning. So I'll just add my (run now!) congratulations. It's a circle journey we all must make. Have a great life. Spawn till you die.
    (OTOH, it might be a plot. Grab yer shit & run.)