The Eastside MA 9 Armada

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Gregg Lundgren, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Gregg Lundgren

Gregg Lundgren Now fishing on weekdays too!

Media:
    Fished both Saturday morning and this morning with nothing much going on. On Saturday, when the morning fog lifted from the beach, 97 boats appeared before my eyes from the shipwreck to Norma Beach. I could focus on about 30 boats, and I saw no nets flying at all. Same drill this morning, but with about half that many boats out. Queue the "Jeopardy" theme song.:confused:

I am seriously thinking lower Skagit mid-week.;)

2. Joepa

Joepa Joe from PA

Yeah, I was out Saturday too. We spent a lot of time scouting the usual locations all over MA 9. The only place where we saw any activity was north of Bush pt. We saw a few fish around the boat, a couple of jumps, and I had a fish follow my fly, but that was the highlight of the day other than a few incidental hookups of rockfish and small lings. At one point I did mark a ton of fish deep in useless bay but no luck on the fly. It's still early though. I'd expect a lot better fishing this weekend in MA 9.

3. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Media:
    When I used to fish Humpy Hollow and there were tons of boats there I'd fish deeper and a tad faster than the crowd. I'd fish 55' and deeper if necessary and in the 2.0 mph range. We used to catch fish faster than the boats around us. I'd also sharpen hooks to minimize drive-bys.

My last Humpy Hollow was 2011 before I moved over here.

4. cwlinkem

cwlinkem New Member

I have been having no luck on MA9 eastside beaches. I may have to head south and brave the crowds the next time I have some fishing time.

5. salt dog

salt dog card shark

Media:
    O dark thirty 'till 7am at Picnic Pt Beach, with no pinks sighted, one 4 lb Coho leaping 150ft off the beach giving chase to the same bait fish the napoleon gulls where dive bombing, and one 15" Coastal Cutthroat to hand.