The famous BSCS

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by Davy, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Like TC said, one never knows what might come off my bench...

I cleaned a little this evening.(not heavy, just kinda swept the bench off to the floor so I'd have a place to set my martini) This pattern is just from scraps laying around.

Can't really name it because I think it is a fishing fly but it has yet to catch a fish or be fished. But for now we will call it the Famous Bunnyspeycometstreamer.

Hook= some sort of old Sealy I think about 1/0

Tungsten dumbell eyes

body is gold flash

Wing= white bunny strip underwing over which is blue hacle tips followed by bronze mallard

Red marabou scrap collar dubbed on before the wing is applied for a simple throat or gills.

Attached Files:

• BSCS.jpg
      BSCS.jpg
      File size:
      62.1 KB
      Views:
  2. I like it...I like it alot

:cool:

3. Maybe you can name it (sloppy seconds) since it was made from scraps...Very creative looks like a winner to me :thumb:

4. Excellent tie!
    Next time with the same materials instead put the mallard and blue hackle on the bottom, then when the weight turns the hook over you'll have a nice wounded fish pattern.

5. Well if Davy tied it differently it wouldn't be called what it is. And I am happy to say that I am now the proud owner of that fly. Way to go Davy :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Will fish it where I don't know yet. Maybe in a local stream.

Jim

6. Nice tie Davy. I will be curious to see what comes off your bench in the next few weeks that you will be forced to stay off the water. All sort of strange and wonderful things?

Jim Jones