The Great Pontoon Picture thread!!!!

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by jcalderon, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Hey fellas.... Im always keeping an eye out for the best, most durable pontoon that is capable of lasting a long time..... Ive been looking at skookum and bad cat for a while now, but i have not made up my mind just yet...... Something is going to catch my eye eventually! Lets see your toons in action, or in storage and lets hear a little about why you run this particular toon!

Jesse

2. keep your 10' creek company

3. las time i bad mouthed creek company, nobody wanted to buy my toon.... You can give these things away!

4. this thread sucks. Its not great at all

5. Here's one for you. 2 people plus all the gear you can carry or reconfigure it for use as a sweet 1 man boat. Multi day trips no problem.

This boat can run just about any whitewater you can throw at it. Gotta love them Skookum boats.

6. I think this model is called the 'Buzz Bomb'-

7. Is this your only toon? I like to do a lot of fishing with my wife, but I still do way more than she does (especially during the winter months). I want to get a toon but she kinda wants to get a two person ... thoughts? Would it be too big and bulky to use regularly as a one person toon?

8. How did you get that picture of my 'toon? :rofl:

9. The guy selling it says it comes with a couple of home-made strike indicators (picture) and 100' of extension cord so you can listen to tunes out on the lake.

10. My current pontoon is a Buck's Bronco. Previous boats were a Buck's Southfork and a 10' Xstream.
    The Southfork sat too low in the water with me on it. On the plus side it was light. The Xstream was sweet to row and could handle any water. It was big enough and stable enough for me to comfortably stand on. The bad thing about it was that it weighed about a hundred pounds.
    The Bronco is a perfect compromise. Big enough to handle well but light enough for me to pick up.

11. Pics of my custom toon using Xstream pontoons and custom frame.

12. Dirk, That's a really cool set up. I like the full floor.

Here's a couple pics of mine. Not bad for $100 and then built the cargo rack for about $60.

13. Dirk, that is one nice ride. Mine's nothing special but it gets me from point A to point B, with a few libations to fuel the driver (hee-hee). The moose is loose!!

14. From two weeks ago.

15. Cup is that Whitman bridge??

16. Cup-You're a mad-man!:thumb:

But I have one question to ask. How you doing handling your shuttles?

17. No problem with the shuttle. We had two trucks.
    It was kind of funny. I checked the access the day before, told my friend it was kind of overgrown, and half jokingly told him that if it came down to it, we could rope our boats off the bridge. The next morning we looked at the trail when we got there, then he looked at me and said "let's see if I've got enough rope."

18. [​IMG]

Water Skeeter Snohomish

19. Well finally see someone else with a TU Colorado 9. Thanks for posting Cruncher

20. my B.B. bronco decked out for the last duck season. Its back to its fishing mode now. great toon.

Attached Files: