the green and all the fish i could see but no bite

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by bobkt76, Oct 7, 2001.

1. bobkt76

bobkt76 New Member

well i whent to the green to night i fish from 4 tell dark i must of seen 90 fish and i tryed it all i even hit them in the head and could not piss them off to the point to hit my flys why do salmon have to be so hard to get on flys i was in the upper green in my best hole they were in very well just not active will low water levels keep them spooky and not active i could see them coming up river and see them go from my side to the othere and go around me i seen humpys silvers and some realy beetup kings all the fish were very dark i am not 100% shere of this but i think i may have seen some steely in there to dose the green have erly steely run keep the sunny side up and the krusty side down keeep on trucking:??

2. guest

guest Guest

i hate when you can see them and they dont bite.ive have caught silvers in rivers when the water wasnt real clear and low

3. bobkt76

bobkt76 New Member

well the water was very clere and it just biteskeep the sunny side up and the krusty side down keeep on trucking

4. steve

steve New Member

The green can be tough. I'm sure if its the bait and gear chuckers that make the fish more spooky or what. You might try the White river in Auburn. I've always had better luck there especially for steelies. It doesn't get the big runs like the Green, but that also means less people.
    -Steve