NFR The Masters

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by freestoneangler, Apr 12, 2013.

1. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +706 / 1
    Who's gonna win it this year... the greatest tournament in golf (arguably all of sports) IMO.

Vegas has Woods at 3:1, but I think that will largely depend on how he finishes today. I'm betting on McElroy and Furyk is such a grinder, he's always one to watch. With so many PGA players also avid fly-fisherman, it would be nice to have a two-swinger to root for...
  2. Peyton00 Active Member

Puyallup, Wa.
    Ratings: +290 / 0
    I will take Ryan Moore, I also like Justin Rose.
  3. Richard Torres Active Member

Mill Creek
    Ratings: +76 / 0
    The 14 year old phenom Tianlang Guan is my favorite even though he's an amateur, otherwise Freddie will be in the hunt.
  4. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,652 / 0
    It's golf for crying out loud. I guess if we all didn't fly fish we would play golf.
  5. Peyton00 Active Member

Puyallup, Wa.
    Ratings: +290 / 0

LOL- at your age a round of golf would break you. ;)

14 yrs old and playing at the Masters. The quality of his game and the maturity to take the heat on each swing of the club is AMAZING!

I would like to see an amateur win any Major... it would be the sport story of this century.
  6. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +202 / 0
    What is the Masters? I got a lot of better things to do.

MB
    Ron McNeal likes this.
  7. Kaiserman content

Ratings: +401 / 0
    Seems like he always is, but his back gives him problems on the last round. Don't know what he's like as a person, but I've always liked him as a golfer for some odd reason. That being said, Payne Stewart was the best!

So the question is: Tiger, or the field? I'm picking the field.
    freestoneangler likes this.
  8. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,262 / 1
    Not much of a golf fan myself.
    I played three times. Caught air in the golf cart as a passenger at a company event once.
    Last time I played I decided to quit for good rather then being charged with a crime after assaulting multiple trees.
    freestoneangler likes this.
  9. Josh Stroud Active Member

WA
    Ratings: +67 / 0
    I am picking Tiger.
  10. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,652 / 0
    I only watch the game when he plays. But if the weather turns out nice today I'm going fishing.
    AKFly7 likes this.
  11. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Wow, this years tournament, regrettably is now becoming a legal pissing match. He (Tiger) made an honest mistake, openly admitted what he did and his intent, took his two stroke penalty and is playing on... but the press (as it always does) are like flies at a picnic looking for red meat.
  12. Kaiserman content

???

I didn't hear what happened. Please do tell... 2 stroke penalty...? What happened? :confused:
  13. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Turn on TV, just about every channel on the planet short of TOON is covering it. He dropped his ball about 2-3 feet back from where he hit a shot that hit the flag and rebounded back into the water... he technically had to drop much closer to where he originally hit it.
  14. Kaiserman content

All I have is "rabbit ears" for TV, no cable or satellite here. The Masters "talks" about it, but without talking about it. I'm sure they covered it at the beginning, but I'm not watching it that close. I'll go to espn or something. :)
  15. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,560 / 0
    Virginia always wants Tiger to lose because of his affairs. Personally, I don't care but don't tell her that.

So... the tradition is the winner of the previous year's Masters helps the new winner put on the green coat. What happens if you win two years in a row? Are you required to put the coat on yourself when you win back to back tournaments?

If Tiger can come back after all the years under the "curse of the Swede", that will be a heck of a comeback. Maybe he just needed another girlfriend. I bet she watches him like a hawk.
  16. Kaiserman content

That's already happened. I think it was Tiger that it happened to.
  17. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +1,615 / 0
    Golf matters?

Golf: the act of trying to put a small ball into a wee hole with equipment ill suited to the purpose.

No, I've never tried it, and I'd as soon watch paint dry as watch golf on TV.

Sg
  18. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    My hats off to Tiger on how he has handled this whole mess. It would not surprise me if he makes a serious run at or ends up winning the tournament. And, poor Fred Couples. He teases us every year that this may be the year except that on "moving day" he always moves backwards... still fun to watch him though. I got 27 #16 Purple Haze tied while watching today...not too bad for multitasking.

And yes, Salmo-G, golf matters. It's #2, then upland game bird hunting on my short list of sports. And going after fish with a 9' stick of graphite, line and blob of hair is considered well equipped? :D
  19. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +879 / 0

From 40 seconds on. But I have to admit, Glaswegians cannot be understood even on other planets!
    Steve Call likes this.
  20. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Adam Scott... finally, the Aussies have a locker in Butler Cabin! What another great tournament and finish.