WFF The new forum

Discussion in 'New Features, Site News, Issues Info.' started by Chris Scoones, Mar 7, 2012.

1. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +704 / 1
    Hi Chris,
    First hats off to you on what no doubt is a lot of work --certainly hope you are getting compensation for it. Maybe I missed some posts on this, but what were the primary reasons for the change? I thought the prior format worked great. My immediate impression is mixed...like some aspects and not some others. Open invitation to meet and have a beer on me if you're ever in south sound.
  2. Derek Young 2011 Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide Of The Year

Snoqualmie, WA
    Ratings: +833 / 0
    Whoa, looks sweet!
  3. Steve Call Active Member

Wetside, WA
    Ratings: +176 / 0
    Looks great. It'll take getting used to but I like it.
  4. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Ratings: +295 / 0
    Ahhh, no. In gum, perhaps.

• The attachment manager. When you reply, before you hit "Post Reply", try uploading a few photos with "Upload a File". Upload more than one. Choose to add a thumb and a full sized image. It functions how you would hope it would. The old software, not so much. Look at the photos below. The full size image presents like it was sized that way without screwing the layout, when in fact it's a pretty large image, well beyond the page size.
    • Post Ratings, so the community can shape the atmosphere with feedback without having a bitch fest. Are you racking up dislikes? Perhaps it's you, not the other guys. But it didn't cost the topics atmosphere to get the point across.
    • Trophy Points, which is a continuation of Post Ratings... Lets folks know that it's the quality of communication and what they offer, not the quantity of times they hit Post Reply.
    • Improved approach to Thread Prefixes. Look at the classifieds, click on a prefix that interests you. See what happens. There is a lot more I can do with those elsewhere in the forum.
    • The Inbox Conversations (private messages)... Now they function a lot more like a private forum discussion. A lot more useful.
    • A host of things that support the mods & I with spambots, moderating, etc.
    • Improved Search, although I have some work to do before you will see the lift.
    • And it just functions better. When things are sorted out, I think you will agree.
    • I could probably go on, but that was enough for me.
    1IMG_7911 - Copy.JPG 1IMG_8027.JPG IMG_0707.jpg IMG_0879.jpg IMG_1284.jpg IMG_1605.jpg IMG_2670.jpg
    IMG_2435.jpg
    Ed Call likes this.
  5. reely New Member

northeast
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Nice change and seems to work well. Thanks!!
  6. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,329 / 9
    Chris, I"m drinking your beer right now. I'll bring you some next time we meet. Kicking around the newness and already involved in a chat or two in a manner that is new to me. Solid work Sir!
  7. Skysoldier Trout Hunter

Lost in the woods.....
    Ratings: +184 / 0
    All good so far...thanks Chris.
  8. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,329 / 9
    Oh, and nice goggles there on the bar!
  9. Go Fish Language, its a virus

Rheomode, Wa.
    Ratings: +87 / 0
    Thanks for the work Chris....
    I still hate pink years.

Dave
  10. Christian Brewer Super Slacker

Slacking in Mill Creek
    Ratings: +16 / 0
    Holy crap...way different!!!
  11. orangeradish Bobo approved

Capital City
    Ratings: +484 / 0
    Snazzy. Thanks for the upgrade, bub.
  12. Rob Ast Active Member

West Pugetopolis WA
    Ratings: +229 / 3
    New upload is waaaaaay better then prior.
  13. jeff bandy Make my day

Edmonds, Wa.
    Ratings: +252 / 1
    Got to say. I miss the fish.
  14. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    It'll return, Bandy.
  15. Ryan Nathe Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    Thanks Chris for all your tireless work!
  16. James Harrington Member

Gig Harbor, WA
    Ratings: +26 / 0
    Everything is looking pretty good. Now just need to catch a fish to so I have a photo to test out the upload capabilities.

Thank you for the hard work.
  17. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Ratings: +562 / 0
    How do you tell when someone is "online"?? I liked the little green dot!
  18. Jordan Simpson Active Member

Tsawwassen, BC
    Ratings: +54 / 1
    Hey, I was just going to say what Bandy said about the fish logo.
    A few things I really like are how I don't have to hit "post reply" or whatever- it ajust lets me type here in this box at the bottom. Unless that was already here and I don't seem to have noticed it ever, ha.
    And I also really really like how video links are laid out where you can see the video without having to open another window/tab- it just plays right there where it was posted (example, my Abel reels vid.).

Good job!
  19. Jordan Simpson Active Member

Tsawwassen, BC
    Ratings: +54 / 1
    Also, I really like how in the classifieds you can sort the items by their pre-fix of "FS" "WTT", etc. Great idea!
  20. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Jordan, it gets better than that. For most video sources (youtube, etc) you can simply copy / past in the page URL without having to worry about embed code. The forum does the rest.

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQT9E06ql8Q&feature=g-vrec&context=G2ef89f6RVAAAAAAAAAA

Currently works for Dailymotion, Facebook, Liveleak, Metacafe, Vimeo & Youtube. I can add others later as needed.

OMJ: What I just said is that something you don't care about is easier for people who care about crap like that.