The next great salt adventure (tongue in cheek)

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Willie Bodger, Sep 28, 2005.

1. So, I've had fun tying up some squid patterns from a recent edition of Fly Fishing in Saltwater, but this takes it a step beyond tying squid flies...

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9503272/

WB

2. Willie, I have had great luck with the Calamarko Squid Tube Fly. I saw this article and started thinking about where I can find 25 foot tying material and then, how will I cast it. I would hate to meet the beak on that bad boy. Thanks for the laugh. Steve

3. Hmm... I'm gettin' no love when I search for the recipe or pics of the fly, would you care to enlighten me? Pretty please?

Willie

4. Take a look at "Tube Flies" by Mandell and Johnson. I'll let someone more experienced with this pattern paraphrase the recipe.

5. I wonder if this mega fly is what I need? This morning I had the biggest rise I have ever seen. A gray whale porposed less than 100 feet in front of me. A note to Steve, he was closer to the shore than you were in your pontoon boat. this was my best action in a week. Maybe I need to tie some 10/0 nothings with an attitude in case the squid doesn't work.

Jim

6. Jim, I had a 14 foot Sea Lion check me out in my pontoon off of Bush Point two weeks ago. I don't think I could have handled a Gray Whale that close. It must have been quite a sight from the beach.

I like the idea of a bigger Nothing with an Attitude. It is such a great little fly. I hope to see you on the beach this weekend. Good fishing Jim.
    Steve