The season drags toward the end

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by Upton O, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Upton O Blind hog fisherman

out of state now
    Ratings: +211 / 0
    This has been one bitch of a waterfowl season. Bone dry, flooded, bone dry, flooded, bone dry, bone dry, bone dry, rain/frozen/snow covered, and now flooded again and will be that way through to the end on Sunday. Just a bitch of a season. :beathead:

If it wasn't for the contribution of a friend there wouldn't be any duck sausage for Friday night dinners this next year.

Just a bitch of a season.:beathead:

Had two guys I was planning to take on a couple days hunt: sorry guys, bitch of a season.
  2. Marc Stelting Member

NW Wash.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    You said it. along with no early season cold to drive them south, just the local flocks. Always hope for next year.
  3. Guy Gregory Active Member

Spokane, WA.
    Ratings: +44 / 0
    Sounds like my year for the past two years. I had pretty good luck this year around here. Small water back but froze out early, and a good and willing goose population. I'll be eating gooben sandwiches on St. Paddy's day, but it's been a while. My condolences....but that's why we're waterfowlers.
  4. Troutrageous Active Member

Yakima
    Ratings: +33 / 0
    I hate to say it, but its almost good to hear that the "real" waterfowlers aren't getting much, because my few pitiful times out have led to nothing more than 4 or 5 mornings of enjoying the morning scenery.