The St.Joe today

Discussion in 'Trip Reports with Pics' started by idahokid, Oct 29, 2011.

1. idahokid David Willey

Hayden Lake,Idaho
    Ratings: +0 / 0
  2. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,358 / 9
    That is a beautiful specimen right there.
  3. idahokid David Willey

Hayden Lake,Idaho
    Thanks Mumbles.Jesse at Westslope let her demo a 6wt Sage Flight rod.I think she liked it.
  4. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Don't bring that troutfit back to Jesse or John, just bring them your wallet, cash or credit card. Keep her fishing that setup!
  5. idahokid David Willey

Hayden Lake,Idaho
    It will be a Christmas gift for her.The reel is a Martin Trophy series click and paw.She has had the reel for years.Jesse went and got the rod out of his own car.
  6. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Jesse has a quiver full of rods...a closet full of more...some in his rig...and a shop full! He'll sell you that rod, she's mojo'd it up right and it would be wrong to take a gal's mojo away!
  7. idahokid David Willey

Hayden Lake,Idaho
    So what your saying is Jesse would sell me that rod that she used today?I guess it does have good mojo.lol.All I can do is ask him.Never though of that.
  8. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    I'm really not sure if Jesse will sell it if it was his personal stick. What I am sure is that Jesse and John have a great reputation and really treat folks well. Anything the seem to touch works out well for those they help. I'm pulling for your gal to have a new outfit to her, and she's proven she knows what to do with it. Maybe he has a brand spanking new one waiting at the shop for you right now. Regardless, best of luck and keep her fishing.
  9. idahokid David Willey

Hayden Lake,Idaho
    Thanks Mumbles.You must live near Spokane.Maybe I will run into you in a fly shop sometime.Your friend Dave.
  10. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Dave, I'm at least 5 hours from Spokbekistan, but when I pass through I'll do my best to pass through Westslope!
  11. Mike Ediger Active Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +152 / 8
    John and Jesse are quickly getting a reputation that cannot be contained by Spokompton's boarders.

Dave, great pics and sounds like a great day. I agree with Mr. Mumbles, ask Jesse what kind of deal you can work out. You can't buy mojo.
  12. aplTyler Inept Steelheader

The Evergreen State
    Ratings: +87 / 9
    Beautiful fish. Looks like a nice day. Did you get into a lot of fish? That one cutty is worth about 10 in my mind but still love to hear some more if possible. Renegade looks like it worked? Any Octo. Caddis still coming up?
  13. idahokid David Willey

Hayden Lake,Idaho
    Just the one fish.Every time we fish this spot,it happens the first couple cast and then thats it the rest of the day.The last time we went which was the first week of October,I got two hits on the first and second cast and that was it.I was using a red humpy.I got to try out two rods I had.The Sage DS series in a 6wt was a smooth casting rod.I liked it a lot.It had never been fished.The other was a Redington RS4 5wt that was very nice a well.We had a great time.We might go again.Waiting for the wife to get up to see.ttyl
  14. aplTyler Inept Steelheader

The Evergreen State
    Cool. Have fun!
  15. Dustin Bise Active Member

Ratings: +7 / 0
    yep i use a sage ds for trout. great rod. i love how deep it bends on fish.
  16. idahokid David Willey

Hayden Lake,Idaho
    The DS was a nice surprise.The guy never used it.got it for 80 dollars.I put some 20 dollar line on a martin trophy reel and it makes a good back up.Sometimes I like to toss an easy going rod.
  17. aplTyler Inept Steelheader

The Evergreen State
    Great price on that DS
  18. Patrick Gould Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +688 / 1
    Nice fish!

Dave, I took out the wind river rod on a little trip to one of my favorite creeks today. It's a decent little dry fly rod. It handled some Ellensburg wind and I was able to land a couple of fat little 9" Rainbows.
  19. idahokid David Willey

Hayden Lake,Idaho
    Good to hear your using it.Glad it made it safely.Have fun with it.I liked the reel a lot.
  20. Patrick Gould Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +688 / 1
    The Three Forks reel is way better than expected.