the Thompson BC's little creek

Discussion in 'Trip Reports with Pics' started by speyforsteel, Jan 26, 2006.

1. speyforsteel

speyforsteel Degenerate Caster

On my last trip on the yak last year I capped off a amazing day of fishing by blowing up my knee,so where do I go the next day- with a watermelon for a knee -when I'm all gimped up ,first I went to River Run's spey clave then to my fav fly shop Pacific Fly Fishers.After I explain to Mike at the PFF how I was gettin greedy to give a sore lip to every trout in the yak and grenaded my knee in the process he says that's to bad as he wanted to know if I was interested in a trip to Thompson ,bad knee or not I was going as It was on my hit list.So after I get thru immigration,not so easy with my past and all, we are on are way.I will say this, the river is big,the rocks are deadly and I'm in love,this river is made for double handers.Long story short, I had a few good sniff's and one good shaker, Mike had a few nibble's also and managed to land two sexy hen's,one of which I think lit up a acme rocket booster pack when he hooked her,I'm shocked I made it in time with the camera.I already planning for this year.Thanks for the invite Mike

2. John Hicks

John Hicks Owner and operator of Sea Run Pursuits

Media:
    Home Page:
    Thanks for the report. Looks like you had a great time.

3. Drag-Free Drift

Drag-Free Drift Member

Looks great, and sounds like you a fun trip; quite close to the border, too. It's a tributary of the Fraser, isn't it? If you don't mind, how much did the license set you back? I understand B.C. steelhead streams are getting pretty pricy for Americans to fish. Thanks.

4. speyforsteel

I think mike paid about 190.00 in canadian dollars
    eight day alien approx.70.00
    3 days class 2 river stamp approx. 60.00
    steelhead stamp approx.60.00,
    I allready had most of my licence from my september trip to the kispiox which was a week
    not cheap ,this year I'm am shooting for three weeks on the a Kispiox and/or Bulkley and two on the Thompson, anybody want to buy some crack?

5. Ryan Nathe

Ryan Nathe Member

Media:
    I am so jealous! The Thompson and the Kispiox! I want to spend some serious time up there in the future. How many did you catch on your last trip up there, I realize it is not a numbers game. But the fish are fat. How much did it set you back?

6. speyforsteel

It can be a numbers game but other tiime's the fishing can be a bust,on average the action is usualy better as the fish are more aggressive,like a intermediate tip in eight foot deep water aggressive,these fish have real attitude problems and that's what makes them special,think of a deer creek fish that averages between 12 to 18 plus pounds.As far as cost per fish it's pretty spendy.Now a sailfish,atlantic salmon,searun brown and more canada river's are next on the hit list.