NFR The Tokin' Fly Guy

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by bloodmeridian, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Was that even a sentence?

weirdwindknot and enlightened like this.
  2. gearhead

gearhead Active Member

no.....no its not. im just a hillbilly.:)

3. Krusty

Krusty Active Member

Exactly...and if this forum continually devolved into these sorta threads, I'd be spending my non-fishing time visiting other flyfishing websites that actually focus on flyfishing. I don't give shit about what you poke up yer nose, inhale, suppositorize, or inject...it's just a hellacious stretch to relate any of that stuff to flyfishing.

4. bhudda

bhudda heffe'

I got one rule in my boat, you gotta roll,I dont care how you roll but when you stop you gotta get out!!

5. Hang with those that do what you care about and respect that others may have different beliefs then you. Due to the fact that we live in a global world. There is no place in today's world that will ever be different from this.
    Maybe if we all just let each be what they want then it would be much simpler for all

Nick Clayton likes this.
  6. ribka

ribka Active Member

You remind me of a high school buddy who used to brag he was a better driver after a 12 pack of Leinies.We used to laugh at him because we were just immature du ass teenagers. He died in an auto accident after Sr prom and killed an old couple when he rear ended them when drunk behind the wheel. His girlfriend , who was in the front passenger seat, is a paraplegic 25 years later. Her mother still changes her diaper daily.

I sure hope you don't run into one of my gaily members after you light up a fatty.

7. ribka

ribka Active Member

"family members" damn iPad auto correct

Alex MacDonald and Nick Clayton like this.
  8. Krusty

Krusty Active Member

You can shut that feature off you know....or continue to provide very entertaining commentary!

9. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Just about everyone I know has a bad drunk driver story or two. Nobody I know, myself included, has had a bad encounter with a stoned driver. Certainly not scientific evidence, just sayin

Joe Mateas likes this.
  10. Go Fish

Go Fish Language, its a virus

I'm glad you rolled (not drug related) your comment into a
    logical well written thought.

Dave

11. ribka

ribka Active Member

Operating a heavy piece of machinery at a high rate os speed on a public road while phucked up I think is against the law. I have a few friends at WSP and there have been many traffic fatalities involving drivers with bud in their system.

I have personally been at traffic scenes where "crunchy" drivers killed others when they ran into them.

12. lylelovett666

lylelovett666 Active Member

So has anyone written their article for the mag yet?

13. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

No doubt driving stoned is not the best idea, but personally I am far more concerned with drunk drivers, texters/tweeters/facebookers, people applying makeup, fighting with a GPS, fiddling with a stereo or iPod, and especially all those on the many prescription meds the docs throw at everyone these days.

Edit: Can't forget about the folks cramming a Big Mac down their throat. Which, in the logic of some, should be outlawed immediately. Heart disease kills way more than weed.

14. bhudda

bhudda heffe'

Ribby,I said eat a brownie, not a pjatty:) sorry for that guy!

15. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

I have not submitted anything to the magazine because I have no experience with the subject matter. I have a very diverse group of friends and have met an even more diverse group of characters in my days. This particular passtime is not one that I participate in, nor have any of my friends in my presence. I believe in the general premise of the laws of our lands. Not perfect but protective. Evolve over time like our society. I won't pass judgement on any of my friends for their interests or backgrounds, but I will ask them to keep it clean and safe when I'm around and not negatively influence my family or others. Regardless of the substance that one uses, driving, boating or other such activites under the influence is not legal, and the well documented stories of horror are more than enough foundation to bulid a case upon. Illegal is illegal. Legal is not necessarily safe. Use your judgement so that you don't become a part of the foundation.

KerryS likes this.
  16. wadin' boot

wadin' boot Donny, you're out of your element...

Hillary Bobo2.jpg

nothing says funny like comic sans

17. triploidjunkie

triploidjunkie Active Member

Well said Thom Collins. Keep this thread ROLLING. Such a good thread that I've found myself liking a few posts of people that I usually end up on the opposite side of the spectrum from.

enlightened likes this.
  18. bhudda

bhudda heffe'

Look..... Peter Tosh said it best!! " Dont criticize it...Goats like to play with it:)"

KerryS likes this.
  19. Bob Triggs

Bob Triggs Your Preferred Olympic Peninsula Fly Fishing Guide

If we had any serious numbers of fish left we would be too busy fishing to bother with crap like this.

20. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

I got Tosh in the playa as I type. My fav traffic music.