NFR The Tokin' Fly Guy

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by bloodmeridian, Apr 7, 2012.

1. ribka Active Member

E WA
    Ratings: +161 / 0
    I would like to see an article on how to wade on the Wenatchee or Klick while impaired without falling on your ass after forgetting your wading staff or how to cast beyond 50 ft in a heavy right to left cross wind without tailing loops. I can't do this schit stone cold after a good night's sleep!
  2. Dan Cuomo Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +52 / 0
    So... anybody submitted anything to Bloodknot yet?

And while we're at it, what's the best caliber handgun to carry in Grizzly country, is fishing a bead really "fly fishing," and let's settle this once and for all... DID Adam and Eve have belly buttons?
  3. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,404 / 0

This is way to deep for me. I'm outta here.
    JesseCFowl likes this.
  4. Blake Harmon Active Member

Spokane, Washington
    Ratings: +123 / 0
    I'm gonna have to smoke one after reading 7 pages of that nonsense!
  5. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +532 / 0
    Whew, I thought this thread was goin nowhere, but now we've got some relevant questions!
    The first one is so controversial that I won't even attempt to answer it. Answer to #2 is of course "no," and the answer to #3 is that it is a trick question, since we humans are the product of fornications between crash-landed (and very horny) space aliens and monkeys. They had to make up the Adam and Eve shit because we humans can't handle the truth!
    weirdwindknot and bhudda like this.
  6. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,164 / 1
    Space aliens and monkeys don't concern me much anymore. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, tweakers and wolves are my main concern.
    I failed to mention rainbow leaping unicorns are also high on my list of concerns while fishing.
    Adam & Eve.....didn't that have something to do with deciding what was for dinner, spicy chicken wings or thin crust pizza?
  7. dfl Active Member

Sequim WA
    Ratings: +129 / 0
    What's a tweaker and in this case,what's a wolf?
  8. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    A wolf is a tweaker with one or two excessively large teeth and long fingernails.
  9. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,489 / 2
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG] Capture.JPG
    weirdwindknot likes this.
  10. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
  11. Rob Allen Active Member

Vancouver WA
    Ratings: +274 / 0
    When you mention wading the Klickitat it reminded me of something humorous that happened to me once.. humorous and dangerous though only mildly so....

I was wades waist deep in the river in a roadside run full of large boulders and the visibility was poor, couldn't see my feet. all of a sudden my feet appeared to be bound together I had to waddle to shore nearly falling many times.. I got to shore and saw that the two little metal clasps of my gravel guards had met and hooked together.. I no longer wear gravel guards
  12. jcalderon Member

A JUNGLE NEAR YOU
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    And some of my best friends are black!
  13. Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

Mount Vernon, WA
    Ratings: +105 / 0
    Dusting off my pipe, been 6 years since I quit smoking tobacco, I don't feel any better since quitting, might have to throw a little weed in once in a while. :)
    weirdwindknot likes this.
  14. Sean Beauchamp Teepee Creatchin'

Shoreline, WA, U.S.
    Ratings: +369 / 1
    Here's the deal people. If you think marijuana isn't dangerous you obviously haven't seen a guy absolutely CRUSH a Boston Creme Pie after a few snaps off the bong. Eating an entire pie in one sitting is dangerous for all parties involved. I've seen good people slip right into a coma.
  15. Jeff Sawyer New to Washington...

Tacoma WA
    Ratings: +174 / 0
    I smoked in my youth and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I joined the military and spend 21 plus years in; they have a little thing called a random urinalysis is really the only reason I quit. I'm pushing 50 now, so I guess it would be pretty stupid to pick up another bad habit at this point, though I guess it's not completely out of the question. After all I started my steelhead addiction just over three years ago, so far that one has a stronger grip on me than any drug I've ever done.

When I was a kid my cousins and I use to always go for Sunday dinner (you would call it lunch) at my grandparents house. My grandfather always said grace before we ate. My little cousin who is a fine fellow now, was a big tattle-tale when he was little. One day right after my grandfather said grace he spoke up and told my grandfather that Randy and I had our eyes open while he was praying. My grandfather said "If your eyes were closed how do you know their's were open. You should spend more time worrying about what you're doing and less about what other folks are doing."

I think that was sound advice then and still is.

Yes, there are a lot of things a guy could be doing that’s more productive than smoking weed, but there’s lots of things he could be doing that’s more productive than swinging flies too.

So for my part it, if a fellow isn’t driving or endangering someone else and he wants to have a toke more power to him. And if he want’s to do it while his gay lover is on the sticks (insert joke here) more power to them. It really isn’t anyone else’s business.
    bhudda and Nick Clayton like this.
  16. dflett68 Active Member

snohomish
    Ratings: +179 / 0
    somehow this thread survives without the nfr tag in spite of having no more to do with fly fishing than what your favorite brand of bottled water is or whether you prefer humming jim croce hits to jon denver when you are on the water. but it's a trusty formula: draw more readers to your fly fishing publication via the use of inflamatory/controversial, non-fly-fishing content. in the process, put a giant free ad in a highly trafficked site visited by solely by your target demographic. i guess it's good marketing, and obviously there's an audience for it. but, as evidenced by the mostly politcal and moral tone of posts here, whether you smoke pot or not has nothing to do with fly fishing. to me this is just a gratuitous stunt. not that it won't work, but personally i want fishing content when i go to a fishing publication.
    JesseCFowl likes this.
  17. dflett68 Active Member

snohomish
    Ratings: +179 / 0
    brilliantly said jesse. goods and ideologies are marketed along these identity lines, and the polarization of our society and the hate and closed-mindedness (on both sides) that come with it, so far from being discouraged, are rather encouraged by politicians seeking power and sellers seeking profit.
  18. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    I enjoy threads like these and see them no differently then what is your favorite coffee, beer, scotch, cigar threads. They are all activities or things that some may wish to partake in while fishing.
    I also enjoy hearing others opinions on these types of subjects, regardlless if I agree with them or not.
    I find these types of threads much more entertaining then the 758th thread on"what 5 wt should I buy?"
    bhudda, Nick Clayton and Evan Burck like this.
  19. wadin' boot Donny, you're out of your element...

Wallingford, WA
    Ratings: +1,313 / 0
    enhanced-buzz-2844-1333767687-13.jpg
    I'd probably drag a streamer through the outflow of the duck pond into the mainstem there

I wrote an article on rainbows, unicorns, fly fishing and weed a while back- mind you it was bowl-shy of fact:

http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com...-girl-with-the-rainbow-unicorn-t-shirt.41527/

Thomas Kinkade, RIP, did fly fishing scenes as well as rainbow scenes almost_heaven.jpg
  20. Go Fish Language, its a virus

Rheomode, Wa.
    Ratings: +72 / 0
    I'd heard rumors about Thomas Kinkade
    twisting up a giant fatty to paint....
    that explains it.

Dave