NFR The Tokin' Fly Guy

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by bloodmeridian, Apr 7, 2012.

1. fishues fishin fool

tacoma
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    Catching fish is awesome...but you ever catch one "on weed"
  2. Nick Clayton Active Member

Ratings: +1,116 / 4
    Its funny how when someone comes on here asking which rod is best we jump all over them and explain that what is good for one person may be horrible for another so get out and try for themselves, yet when the topic of weed comes up there is no shortage of folks willing to tell us exactly what we should do.
  3. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1,744 / 0
    I told you if you want to smoke, smoke. No bother to me. In fact I wish more people smoked dope. Less competition.
    Buck likes this.
  4. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +540 / 0
    ....You been hangin' on to it, an' I shure would like a hit!"

Gotta keep it goin', ya know! Ya know what I mean?

That sure became a cult classic! Fraternity of Man doin' the music to a film clip of Humphrey Bogart and platoon mates sharing a last cig in a foxhole. What movie was that clip taken from? Can anyone remember?
  5. weirdwindknot New Member

United States
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    this thread is hilarious...

ribka likes this.
  6. Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Seattle, Wa.
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    If you have to alter yourself to enjoy yourself, then you are masking something.
  7. Flyborg Active Member

Kalama, WA
    Ratings: +597 / 0
    Why do I get the impression you're typing this drunk?
    bhudda likes this.
  8. Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Seattle, Wa.
    Ratings: +7 / 0
  9. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +960 / 1
    Question 12e on Form 4473 for new gun purchases: Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana, or any ...

Also marijuana use will cause you to fail an occupational drug test resulting in no government job, and probably leading towards flipping burgers at McDonalds. Unless they have instituted drug testing. Then it would be at the In and Out burger.
  10. GATOR9 Hey you guys

Yakima, Wa.
    Ratings: +18 / 0
    Zen what better place to be when you get the munchies.
  11. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +540 / 0
    I'm sure that we can all agree that alcohol is totally fucked when abused or over-imbibed. I am trying to quit drinking altogether, but I am in the habit of having a micro-brew or two in the evenings at home. My evenings likely would be a bit more productive without the alcohol. They would be much less productive if I stopped at the local hangout for those couple of overpriced bar brews. I'm sure my whole life will improve once I quit the alcohol for good.

A lifetime of too much sugar and donuts will more than likely screw up your liver and give you type 2 diabetes. Any candy or pastries, processed foods with preservatives, and most restaurant food (what's in it???) should be eliminated from ones diet. Processed meat products with preservatives are bad for you. White flour is crap. I am making an effort to avoid all of that.

Eating too much white rice is bad, not only because it is just empty carbs, but because rice naturally takes up any arsenic in the soil. Arsenic is naturally occurring in many soils. (I don't cook too much brown rice anymore). The cosmetics that women use daily often have hazardous chemicals as some of their ingredients. (I saw a friend's wife soaking her fingertips in nail polish remover, once. GAWD!).
    And TV is one of the worst, mind-numbing drugs ever invented. (Glad I got rid of that!)
    And for any of you cubicle dwellers out there, sitting in a chair for more than a few hours a day has been found to be very bad for one's health. I'm trying to sit no more than 2 hours a day, unless I'm eating or driving. (Already spent over an hour on the computer this morning reading news, weather forecasts, surf reports, and wasting good time on this hideous thread! So I gotta sign off now and go actually DO something in the real world. Like landscaping, fence building, planting the veggie garden, paddling some flat water, fishing or surfing. Being on the internet isn't livin'.

None of that has anything to do with pot smoking, though, which shouldn't be compared to anything else, but should be evaluated per its own positive and negative effects.

One more remark and I'm done... I know people who fit the description of the occasional recreational pot smoker who tokes up on the river or out on the lake or at the beach or out on the trail, to help relax and forget the pressures of work and other obligations that may be harping away in the back of his or her mind. They tell me it helps them escape the awareness of their every day concerns while they are enjoying their time away from it all. I'm good with that, as I have done so myself.
    I do think that the chronic user who "wakes and bakes" and then smokes weed throughout the day has a real problem and should take a hard look in the mirror. I think that "medical marijuana" and the "green card" are concepts that are much abused!
  12. 1morecast Active Member

Port Angeles
    Ratings: +49 / 0
    I agree !! Don't forget the " Will it be worth it for me to go fishing, or will I just be practicing my casting" thread. I'm sorry but the only way I know to catch fish is to cast! :confused:
  13. bhudda heffe'

basement
    Ratings: +109 / 0
  14. GATOR9 Hey you guys

Yakima, Wa.
    Ratings: +18 / 0
    weirdwindknot the towel was so on. I have known a few towels over the years and most turned out to be dumb ass threads.:)