The Ultimate Fly Fishing Vehicle?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by ceviche, Jun 12, 2004.

1. spanishfly Steelberg

Issaquah, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Kevin, I liked the pimp wagon you posted a while back. Had to dig through all your pics to find it ;)

Attached Files:

2. Kevin J. Burnham Active Member

Auburn,Wa.
    Ratings: +140 / 0
    If you like that one you will LOVE this one !:beer1:
  3. Wet Wade New Member

Nexus of the Trout Universe
    Sportsmobile. These things absolutely rock. You don't see them around here very much but they are all over SoCal. Allot of guys down there use them for Baja surf/fishing trips.

On a side note, I'm picking up a Tundra Double Cab 4x4 next week, so that'll be my new best fishing rig.
  4. Whitey Active Member

Far side of the moon
    Ratings: +185 / 0
    pre-ordered the new Toyota FJ cruiser, be here later this month. Although, I have to actually see it first and take a drive before I lay down the cash. Its a real sweet rig, locking dif and transfer case, they tested it out on the Rubicon, some killer vids at Toyota.com.

I might have a 2001 toyota tacoma V6 TRD with a snugtop for sale, any takers??:confused:

YT, Love the old cruisers, hope the new one is dope. skeet, skeet, skeeeet!:rolleyes:
  5. spanishfly Steelberg

Issaquah, WA, USA.
    Whitey congrats on the soon to be FJ they look Sa-weet! It has that retro look to to which gives it the old school characteristcs. Hopefully it has the balls to match... What collor did you get?
  6. noway Banned or Parked

Bozeman, MT
    yea man i cant believe your getting the new fj. we gotta be friends sooner or later. i wanna at least ride in one.
  7. papafsh Piscatorial predilection

Camano Island, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +62 / 0
    You got it, Sultan access from the parking lot, at the Boys and Girls Club. I'll give you the fly next time I see ya'.

LB
  8. Mingo the Menehune stole my beer

Happy Hour, WA
    Ratings: +373 / 1
    the beauty of 4 piece rods is that you have much more room for good tunage..............it's all about the tunes..........

[IMG]
  9. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +540 / 0
    Yo Kevin, Is that Bus a '62? I can tell by the small rear window. My ol' '62 had a 6-volt system, so I'd park it on a hill or rise in case I had to push start it. The brass kingpin bushings were getting a little worn, and it wandered a bit, but it was the best surfarian rig I ever had... i sold it before rust took it down.

Jimbo
  10. archenemy New Member

Seattle, WA
    Amen to that.
  11. TheShadKing Will Fish For Food

Bellevue, WA
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    I'm not sure that there is a right way for me to say this, but for once I have to give Jim the full on iagree 'cause the beater high-gas mileage car is the way to go. And '93 is new enough that the emissions will still be low and safety's not a huge issue.

You can also sleep in the back of a subie wagon unless you're insanely tall. Takes a bit of fiddlng with the insides but it's not a big deal to figure out.

Rolland
  12. TheShadKing Will Fish For Food

Bellevue, WA
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    No, Mercedes.

Dodge / Freightliner / VW all put their own badges on them.
  13. Guy Gregory Active Member

Spokane, WA.
    Ratings: +44 / 0
    Boblawless:

While you have your visa card out at the NAPA store, buy a roll of the vacuum hoses most often found under your hood. Your hoses don't care how many miles are on the rig, they care about how old they are, and if they leak, your pollution control devices don't work, and your onboard computer shifts to rich, so your mileage goes bad. I had a Ford that did that, too. I ultimately changed hoses about every two years, and sold the rig with 325K on it, still getting 15 mpg outa a 351.

I now drive a 02 chevy, best rig I've ever owned. Great fishing rig, comfy, tows my drift boat, hauls my pontoon, big back seat secures my stuff, and great stereo for those long road trips.
  14. Kevin J. Burnham Active Member

Auburn,Wa.
    I think it may have been a 63. It was my fishing partners who was going to school in Bozeman. I had a 68 camper van with a bed & ice box in the back. Funny thing when I was in high school everyone made fun of it except on Friday and Saturday nights then they wanted to borrow it. Funny how that works !!
  15. chadk Be the guide...

Snohomish, WA.
    Ratings: +41 / 0
    Here's the ultimate fly fishing vehicle...

[IMG]
  16. Sloan Craven Active Member

NoSho, ma
    Ratings: +30 / 0
    This would be the ideal for me. I would have a nice simple truck with an extra jumpseat for a couple of fishing buddies. No frills with the exception of an awsome sound system and a 20 disc c-d changer. Maybe a laptop with a GPS installed for more efficent exploration of new steehead rivers and trout streams. Also a big WFF logo on the side. :thumb:
    For me gear, I would get a cargobody. This would store all my waders, boots, lines, flies, fishing clothes, water master rafts, reels, rods, and assorted accessories with very easy access to everything. Inside I would also have a little fly tying desk.
    Finally, for camping I would have a teardrop trailer. No worries about setting up a tent after dark and all the comforts of home. I can just pull up to where ever I'm spending the night after a long day fishing. I'll make myself a drink from the bar in the back or maybe tap into a keg of homebrew.:beer1: I might even enjoy another drink as I prepare dinner at the kitchen in the back. Notice the sweet WFF logo on the side. Then, when its time for bed, no need to mess with sleeping pads or sleeping on the ground, just hop into bed, maybe read a book from my library stocked with Vonnegut, Thoreau, Shakespeare, Prosek, and Ambrose. I'll put a cd player in there too for those cold morning that I don't feel like getting on the water right away because I know the fishing is going to be slow to nothing and I'd rather save my energy for the afternnon hatch.
  17. Kevin J. Burnham Active Member

Auburn,Wa.
    You are correct ! But I think the key word is Ultimate and then these would be the ones.:)
  18. 509 New Member

WENATCHEE, WA
    My wife's Honda Pilot....which will be my fishing and hunting rig is about ten years or so.

It has heated leather seats. I can feel that warmth after a cold day of tubing in March!
  19. Fly Fanatic Bull Trout

Federal Way, WA
    I'll put in a vote for pre-tacoma Toyota pickup 4x4s. My '94 has 150K miles, runs great and gets 25 mpg. to boot!
  20. ssickle1 Slow and Low

Hood River, OR
    F-series. Pick one.

That deisel 4x4 upfitted Econoline would be sweet as well. Big $$$ me thinks.