The Year of the 19 inch Fish......over and over again.

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Vladimir Steblina, May 29, 2013.

1. aplTyler

aplTyler Inept Steelheader

That looks like a Measure Net bag on a different frame. Vladimir, they've been producing a rubberized measure net bag for a few years now. I have one for my general trout net. I also have a random small extra rubberized measure net bag laying around if anyone wants it that's unused.

That said, those are some GREAT fish. On a four weight, those would be a real good time.

2. Vladimir Steblina

Vladimir Steblina Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working

Media:
    Home Page:
    well, those fish belong to Todd.....looks like 21 is the new 19.

I will post pictures of my fish...soon.

3. Rick Todd

Rick Todd Active Member

Vladimir-The first picture you can't see the measurements, but the second one the tail is between 13 and 14, (call it 13) and the head is between 7 and 8, call it 7. That adds up to 20 at least. The third picture the tail is 14 (call it 13) and the head is almost 9 (call it 8) which is 21, but I think it is an approximation anyway! I ordered the net from measure net to replace the previous net in the wooden frame (frame made by a fellow 4th Corner Fly Fisher named Dan Coombs) as the other net wasn't rubberized and I wanted a rubber one. Let's go fishing sometime! Rick

4. Golden Trout

Golden Trout Active Member

Not only did I not see a 19" fish caught at Chopaka but I saw, maybe two or three nets dipped during my stay. I waited for the May Fly hatch which had "perfect" conditions including overcast, cool, breezy weather. This makes for duns taking lots of time to dry their wings so my ugly size 12 patterns have a chance. I managed a total of 3 fish landed with a lot of hard work and persistence. Two fish were about 11 inches and the other was a "boot" about 15 or so inches. Two of these fish were caught over a 5 hour period on an eventual caddis pupa pattern. Chironomids of all sorts and sizes at many different depths both with and without the bobber. I did notice an increase of fish that were probably staging for a very meager callibeatis hatch.

I am thankful for the cooler than anticipated water temp of 60.7 degrees that will not last much longer because the next 10 days are calling for mid to upper 80s and even 90s here in the valley.

5. Vladimir Steblina

Vladimir Steblina Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working

Media:
    Home Page:
    Posted pictures on my blog. Lots of pictures of 19 inch fish!!!

End of the eastern Washington Lake fishing season for me. We will see if I can make it to Montana this summer!!