This is a wonderful site

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Old Man, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,626 / 0
    What do I know---I'm just an old man

You know I really like this site. It really has a good bunch of guys here. I'm not knocking the women as I don't think that there are any here. But I could be wrong. I've met a few of you and got along famously and I'm hoping to meet a few more come Thursday and Saturday. We razz each other and no one take it seriously. That is alot of fun(all except for Macrowdy) :TONGUE.

Come on Mac I can take it and I seem to enjoy it. Since I don't have anybody at home to harrang I seem to get it here.

Jim :THUMBSUP
  2. flyfishnm Member

Helena, MT
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Nice cast Jim, I gotta agree that this is the best flyfishing site I've ever been to in my life, it just has so much to offer

A Good Day Fishing is Better Than A Bad Day Golfing(Or Vice Versa) :LOVEIT
  3. mtlhead Member

Concrete, WA, USA
    Hey Oldman, I hope you're getting paid for that photoshoot, I would'nt let them have any more than 10% of the proceeds from the batch. I bet'cha did'nt think that you would be seen in "millions homes all around the world" the first time you hooked up with those two! It sure is nice to be able to have this site as our playground when were not on the river, Chris deserves more than just atta'boys. Maby we can all donate some coin and buy him the "Supa'Fro" wig he has on his x-mas list! :THUMBSUP
  4. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt

I knew I was fat but it didn't seem that I was that fat. I look like a whale standing on end. Hell me amd Yt could make a pair of book ends. I guess it's time to go on a diet. No more bear claws,ice cream,candy bars,corn dogs,french fries,burgers,milk shakes,booze,sex,soda pop,donuts. Did I miss anything.

Jim
  5. Whitey Active Member

Far side of the moon
    Ratings: +185 / 0
    No, I think you covered everything. Me and you should go on a diet together. The "fish Diet" We only eat what we catch! Probaly gonna be a starvation diet! :LOVEIT And, this is a wonderful site! We should all pitch in and buy Chris that super Phat fro for sure! Good idea mtlhead! :THUMBSUP YT
  6. MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Ashton, Idaho
    You guys are killing me. Yes Mtlhead let's start a supaphatfro kitty for Chris! Don't ya'll think we should have some kind of Christmas party where everyone gets drunk and I take pictures and post them on the internet? Hahaha Mtlhead, do YOU want a photoshoot?

MacRowdy :THUMBSUP
  7. mtlhead Member

Concrete, WA, USA
    No big, just as long as you're not showing up on Saturday w/ your arsenal of flash bulbs and film. If you do, all you're going to get is a picture of me pushin' out a big fatty in the bushes :ANGRY
  8. MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Ashton, Idaho
    I really really really do want to see Old Man Cast a Spey Rod but I think that Sparse and I are going to go hit up some zipper lips in Eastern Washington. I think everyone I know is going fishing somewhere on Saturday. I really want to show up at Ben Howard. Maybe, I guess we'll see. I know nothing about Spey Fishing but I've seen it and I think it is hella cool.

Ok a fatty in the bushes? You are killing me.

MacRowdy
  9. Surf_Candy Member

Bainbridge Island, WA.
    You guys are funny as hell - thanks for the chuckles.

Weight loss - I lost 50# eating steaks (and getting a divorce!!) - cut out the carbs and go protein and you loose the urge to eat. I fell into this diet during a stressfull time in my life - it works - it really does. Not all fat is bad. Sugar from simple carbs is bad, bad.

I'll kick into the fro' kitty - what about a baseball cap with attached mullet hair style? Gotta blend in with the locals at some locations.

Jim
  10. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt

I started out not to eat anything fattening and the first day I fall off the wagon. I just couldn't help my self. I was hungry. I ate a bear claw. But I skipped the chocolate milk and had orange juice.

Jim
  11. Whitey Active Member

Far side of the moon
    Ratings: +185 / 0
    Did you go on the adkins diet? I have been thinking about that diet as I am a carb addict. Read alot about it, some good, some bad. YT
  12. Surf_Candy Member

Bainbridge Island, WA.
    I read about that, and the Carbo Addicts diet, Zone diet etc - had friends that did it. For me, carbo's were my life - binge eating Doritos etc.

I got shoved into a week of non-eating when my soon to be X-wife called the marriage off - it's a good thing - so don't worry.

Then, I migrated to just protein naturally - cleared up my overly active blowels as a side affect too!

Give it a week or 2 and I swear you won't crave sweets, chips, Mcdonalds fries.

I found a groove - at first I did all protein and veggies at each meal, then I was able to add carbs back in - of the good kind - fruits, complex carbo's etc.

Biggest thing is it cannot be hard - I found if I had to prepare low carb meals in any other way than looking in the fridge and cooking it I stopped doing it. Order a burger but leave the bun alone, egg sandwicha nd leave teh muffin behind

At work and away from home - high protien bars, beef jerky, order food out liek chicken instead of pasta's etc.

Note: I am not a doctor - consult with a qualified medical expert before doing this. It worked for me, and now I can slide back into a better balanced diet.
  13. MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Ashton, Idaho
    Yep Jim,

And to show my goodness here is the picture I took of your beautiful cast up on the stilly last week. You look just like Brad Pitt!

Sorry the scan quality is so crappy. I will get you the print if you send me your address.

Much love.

MacRowdy :THUMBSUP